Post Remarrying After Getting an Annulment

My question involves a marriage in the state of:New Jersey

I once asked if i would get annulment for a marriage that was registered in india 9 years ago and it was suggested me that i would have to go for divorce instead of annulment. But to my surprise today judge granted me annulment and that also in matter of 2 months from the date it was filed. Now the question that i have is that my attorney mistakenly submitted wrong paper which stated that i am seeking divorce however after taking oath judge asked me very clearly if i am seeking divorce or annulment and i made it very clear that i am seeking annulment. After hearing my statement Hon'ble judge granted me annulment but in the judgement he simply scratched divorce and wrote "NULLITY" with his hand and signed it. I also got the golden seal on that judgment but now question arises whether i would have hard time with this hand scratched judgement in case if i get married to someone abroad and try to sponsor them. Please let me know what could be done about this ? Should i go to court and get this judgement amended or should i keep it as it is ? My only concern is the validity of this judgement when it comes to sponsor someone ? I would appreciate experts advice !

Default Re: Got My Annulment Today

Ask your lawyer. No one here here can intelligently opine about a document we haven't read or seen.

Default Re: Remarrying After Getting an Annulment

If your marriage has been annulled, then it is annulled -- you are eligible to remarry.

If you are asking what might happen if the USCIS has questions about your judgment of annulment, you could provide them with additional documentation from the court to establish that your marriage was in fact annulled. The calendar entries from your case, for example, should reflect the nature of the judgment entered.

Default Re: Remarrying After Getting an Annulment

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    If your marriage has been annulled, then it is annulled -- you are eligible to remarry.

If you are asking what might happen if the USCIS has questions about your judgment of annulment, you could provide them with additional documentation from the court to establish that your marriage was in fact annulled. The calendar entries from your case, for example, should reflect the nature of the judgment entered.
    Thank you very much sir. I know you have been here on this forum for quite a long time. I sincerely appreciate your commitment to this forum.

1. Sponsored Links