Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test in a Vehicle You Don't Own

Quote Quoting Lanpenn
    View Post
    I still suffering from abstinence (because I used to drive a manual car)
    Huh? Abstinence is the act of abstaining from something (i.e., not doing something). It is commonly used to refer to folks who refrain from having sex. What does this have to do with you getting a driver's license or driving a car with a manual or automatic transmission?

Quote Quoting Lanpenn
    View Post
    In Florida would be possible to use a fleet car by a office for the driving exam?
    I don't think anyone's going to care what car you use as long as it is properly registered.

Quote Quoting Lanpenn
    View Post
    And I also don't know if would be allowed to using a car by Turo for the exam. What advices would you give me for this?
    What does "car by Turo" mean?

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test in a Vehicle You Don't Own

"Huh? Abstinence is the act of abstaining from something (i.e., not doing something). It is commonly used to refer to folks who refrain from having sex. What does this have to do with you getting a driver's license or driving a car with a manual or automatic transmission? "

I'm sorry for any mistakes with my English. I say this because I miss to drive a manual car, and I love to drive. I wonder that the person of the DMV answered me incorrectly... I'm asking all of this not just because of my case, but also for helping another Brazilians that also live in US but still don't have the driver's license.

For tourists in Florida usually they don't care so much with the driver's license, even the driver not having the international license (that's called in Brazil as "Permissão Internacional para Dirigir" or PID, that you can get with the any Brazilian traffic department) but I'm not a tourist, then I'm a resident.

"What does "car by Turo" mean? "

Cars where you can rent by an app called Turo. In a bit I return to English classes.

What happens after I'm passing the theoretical test? What I receive and what I can do for practice?

Fortunately, I passed the test!!! I received the Learner's Licensed and now I can practice with my stepmother and with her car. But I still have some questions... in case of renting the car, would be the same situation? The person that pays for the rent also must to have the Florida's license (the rented car must be in my companion's name?)? The card says anything related to daylight hours, then I cannot practice with my stepmother for example during the night? I'm asking these questions also for helping another people (I'm writing an article about in Portuguese).

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2