Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can Your Parents Take You Money

Quote Quoting AbbyP2019
    View Post
    He's mentally handicapped, but his dad keeps saying he needs to move out and we started looking at a house to rent and the money his dad took was the deposit money for the house. His parents are on his account bc it's one he's had since he was 16. He never thought his dad would take his money for no reason. He's closing his account and making a new on.
    The bolded doesn't surprise me. My mom was on my checking and savings account for the same reason, because I was still a minor. I never bothered to take my mother off my account either. In fact, she was on my account until I got married at age 28. Surprisingly enough it ended up being a good thing, because when the company I worked for sent me to Italy for a summer, she was able to simply write checks for me to pay my bills at home.

Default Re: Can Your Parents Take You Money

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    The bolded doesn't surprise me. My mom was on my checking and savings account for the same reason, because I was still a minor. I never bothered to take my mother off my account either. In fact, she was on my account until I got married at age 28. Surprisingly enough it ended up being a good thing, because when the company I worked for sent me to Italy for a summer, she was able to simply write checks for me to pay my bills at home.
    i think your situation is a bit different. Op states the young man is mentally handicapped. That, to me, really suggests the parents may be guardians or conservators.

Abby, does your boyfriend receive social security? Are his parents his rep payees?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2