Default The Person Who Has Filed a Restraining Order Against Me is Doing Work at My House

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Alabama

In 2017, a former topless dancer of whom I was a client years earlier (2009) filed a restraining order against me. She claimed I had been stalking her, although that is not accurate. The order is good for two years, so it will be in effect until at least August. I am currently having some work done at my place of residence. She is employed by the contractor doing the work. Knowing full well that this is my house, she still accepted the job and will be there for some time. However, she approached me, in my home yesterday to inform me that I may NOT be there while she is there working, or else I will be in direct violation of the restraining order and will be arrested and booked immediately. Can she just order me out of my own home like that? I have followed the RO to the letter of the law, yet here she is, in my home daily, of her own volition telling me that I may not be there. I had someone tell me that my only recourse is to fire the contractor so as to avoid legal prosecution. Otherwise, I will have to stay out of my own house while she is there. Surely, that's not right. I have requested that the contractor please use someone else and he told me that she is all he has at the moment as far as help is concerned. I'm fine with her being there, because as far as I am concerned, this is business, and nothing more. I just don't want to end up arrested. I did not talk to her and I was in another room entirely when she walked in and laid into me verbally. She even claims that I am in violation of the RO by not disclosing to the contractor that one of his workers has an active RO against me. Like I know who his employees are. Anyway, surely I am not in violation of the RO, am I? So long as I do not speak to her while she is there, which is what I plan on doing.

Default Re: The Person Who Has Filed a Restraining Order Against Me is Doing Work at My House

Call the contractor and tell him that she is not to work on your project. Easy, simple, effective. If the contractor refuses, then fire the contractor.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Default Re: The Person Who Has Filed a Restraining Order Against Me is Doing Work at My House

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    Call the contractor and tell him that she is not to work on your project. Easy, simple, effective. If the contractor refuses, then fire the contractor.
    That's what I'll have to end up doing. I hate to lose this contractor. I was on a waiting list for a long time. He is just that good. But, there is a MAJOR conflict here. He has someone, in his employ, who has an active RO against me. It's just odd to me that she claimed to be in "mortal fear" of me, yet has no issue doing work at my house. Yeah...there is no way I could go do work at someone's house if I was in "mortal fear" of them. If I do say so myself, I did not deserve this RO. It was all a big misunderstanding. She claims that I stalked her because I was eating in a restaurant where she was working right after she ceased dancing. It is one of my favorite places to eat, and I had been eating there for years. She was granted this RO on the basis that she was once a topless dancer and I was her client. And now....she is doing work at my house and threatening to have me put in jail because I am in my own house. Well, it's looking like the contractor is gonna have to bring in someone else or be gone himself. Even though the odds are low, I can't risk jail.

You should file a counter RO based on the same thing she did. She is stalking you to the point of coming to your home.

What kind of tradesperson is this? I can't imagine her work is so special that the contractor doesn't have others on line.

Quote Quoting MaltbyMark
    View Post
    What kind of tradesperson is this? I can't imagine her work is so special that the contractor doesn't have others on line.
    That's what I thought. It's just floor work. Surely he has someone else who can assist him

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You should file a counter RO based on the same thing she did. She is stalking you to the point of coming to your home.
    I believe I will do just that. The RO that she got was not even necessary and even her own family told her that it was over the top. She asked me to leave her alone, and I did. Yet a month later, here came a RO, which I was told I had no chance of getting a judge to overturn it simply because she had been an exotic dancer and I had been a regular customer of her's. So, I just accepted it and followed it. Now here she is pulling the same thing she accused me of doing. Except, she is taking her's to another level. Coming to my home. So, she will soon have a piece of paper making her stay away from me.

1. Sponsored Links