Default Have You Knowedge of Ethicspoint.com

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: All.

Ethicspoint.com is a website that companies in the US and the UK and Canada can subscribe to: To allow anonymous employees, and for that matter, anyone, to file an anonymous report of illegal, harassment, discrimination, or unethical behavior to the company that has subscribed.

The employee is assumed guilty until proven innocent. The company does an investigation to determine if the allegations are true or not and cost the company in time and resources. The report of the allegation and the outcome of the investigation goes into the employee file in most cases.

This can effect potential raises, promotions, or bonuses.

Before I go further on this particular case, I want to know who is familiar with this service.

Please don't tell me that a company can terminate anyone for anything. I'm asking specifically about this service.

Default Re: Have You Knowedge of Ethicspoint.com

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Before I go further on this particular case, I want to know who is familiar with this service.
    I've never used the service and am not familiar with the inner workings of it. All I know of it is that the service claims to provide a platform for anonymous reporting of alleged unethical or illegal activity within a business that the service then provides to the business to investigate and act upon. It is then up to the business to decide what happens from there.

What legal issue have you in mind that involves a service like this?

It's an avenue for revenge for corporate decisions against an employee. The employee then files an anonymous complaint against the report that is totally fallacious. Now the supervisor (report) has to prove that it didn't happen.

But further, the point that anyone can file a complaint. It doesn't have to be current employee. It could be anyone.

Sorry, Bud, I've never heard of it.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    It's an avenue for revenge for corporate decisions against an employee. The employee then files an anonymous complaint against the report that is totally fallacious. Now the supervisor (report) has to prove that it didn't happen.
    That rather depends on the company officials handling the complaint and the policy/procedures of the particular company. Each company is different as is each complaint made. It is not automatic that the company officials would presume the employee "guilty" or require the employee to prove anything. In any event, there are any number of ways that a disgruntled ex-employee might try to get revenge against his/her former supervisor. Indeed, there are several ways the disgruntled employee could make anonymous complaints the company management. This service does not enable the disgruntled employee to do anything that he or she couldn't do some other way.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    But further, the point that anyone can file a complaint. It doesn't have to be current employee. It could be anyone.
    And anyone could send an anonymous letter to the company management, too. So at least given my understanding of what this service does, I'm not seeing anything particularly special or unique here that would be cause to single it out for particular concern. Is there something you see here that raises a legal issue?

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources