Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Disciplined

So my reputation at this firm as well as another company in the area due to disclipline issues is damaged. I know this is out of scope of this forum but how or who can guide me repair the reputation. Thanks.

Do your job.

What law provides this right? And where do I go to get the information on how others were disciplined for the same infraction?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting DogDays5400
    View Post
    What law provides this right? And where do I go to get the information on how others were disciplined for the same infraction?
    Don't necropost. This issue's been dead for several months. Also, there is no mechanism for you to find out if another person has been disciplined at work. HR won't tell you anything because it's not your business.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

They don't need a law giving them the right to discipline you. The fact that no law prohibits them from disciplining you is enough. As for how others were disciplined, the only mechanism you have is to ask other employees and hope that they are willing to tell you, and to tell you the truth. They have no obligation to do either. It is none of your freakin' business how others were disciplined, and there is no legal mechanism for you to find out.

With a EEOC or NLRB charge , can't one get an investiagation of how others were treated for similar incidents?

It doesn't matter what would happen with an EEOC or NLRB charge because you have neither.

Quote Quoting DogDays5400
    View Post
    Someone told me it is a policy. I'd like to know if others have had a similar issue with their performance and how they dealt with it.
    I am maybe disciplined for an issue I believe others at the firm have committed. I am concerned this will become a bigger issue at performance review time and I will be severely reprimanded or terminated. How can I assuredly determine if others have had the same issues without being disciplined?

You can't. Any more than you could under your original screen name.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2