Threaded View

Default Go Away Money

It is very popular here to use the term "go away money." My understanding of its application is when an insurance company/defendant is in the right, they do not owe anything to the plaintiff, yet they pay him anyway to avoid litigation and defense costs. Is that correct?

Well, here is a case where a bicyclist recently rode through a set of cones and into a construction ditch in a designated bike lane. He became paraplegic. Now, I feel certain you all see him as 100% at fault, yet the three defendants paid him at total of $20 million dollars. So I ask, do insurance companies pay $20M in "go away money?"

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...508176591.html

Why didn't they just tell him to "go away" instead of paying him that kind of money to "go away?" I mean, you all see him 100% at fault, right?

1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

1. Money Laundering: Can You Be Charged With Money Laundering for Helping a Friend Transfer Money
    By lawfacts in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 09:11 PM
  2. Sales Agreements: Car Seller Took My Money and Did Not Sign the Title - How to Get My Money Back
    By JunManila in forum Cars and Dealerships
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
  3. Non-Performance and Breach: Retrieving Money Builder Spent on Merchandise That He Returned, Keeping Money
    By Pinheadann in forum Construction, Repair and Renovation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 02:10 PM
  4. Security Deposits: Tenant Owes More Than Security Deposit, Can I Keep Money Other Money Owed
    By tcuwilliams in forum Landlord-Tenant Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 04:33 AM
  5. Debt Collectors: My Ex Owes Me Money and Has Refused to Pay, and I Have a Plan to Get the Money
    By some person in forum Debts and Collections
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources