Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

if someone is in the air force listed in the special forces with 3 yrs to go ! I’m going to believe you ! Without a doubt ! I went to the dealership asked if they would checkout vin and my situatio. My paperwork and poa was 100% correct ! He bought 2 bikes that day outright Yamaha bolt still has me confused but anyway . She’s is going to have it redone by Monday , dates current ! I got to pay sales tax but you have to do that if you win one ! Meh ! Here is the stinger , I did think it was stolen but couldn’t resist his last offer of 2000$ ! So 6900 on trade in for the used road glide special ! Approx 4500 ! Call me anything you want ! But I’m a winner ! Have a great day !

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

The US Air Force has a number of special operations commands but Special Forces isn't one of them. The Special Forces is a US Army command.

Whatever !

Quote Quoting charly-davidson
    View Post
    if someone is in the air force listed in the special forces with 3 yrs to go ! I’m going to believe you ! Without a doubt ! I went to the dealership asked if they would checkout vin and my situatio. My paperwork and poa was 100% correct ! He bought 2 bikes that day outright Yamaha bolt still has me confused but anyway . She’s is going to have it redone by Monday , dates current ! I got to pay sales tax but you have to do that if you win one ! Meh ! Here is the stinger , I did think it was stolen but couldn’t resist his last offer of 2000$ ! So 6900 on trade in for the used road glide special ! Approx 4500 ! Call me anything you want ! But I’m a winner ! Have a great day !
    sales tax on the bike you bought from the Air Force guy? Really? It is illegal for them to charge you sales tax.

There is also this on your tr-41 form

Federal and state law prohibits a person from signing for both buyer and seller and disclosing mileage in the same transaction, with the exception of exempt vehicles, i.e., heavy trucks, vehicles ten model years old or older. In order for a person to sign for both buyer and seller on a conforming title or an odometer disclosure statement, a “Secured Power of Attorney” must be used.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    sales tax on the bike you bought from the Air Force guy? Really? It is illegal for them to charge you sales tax.

There is also this on your tr-41 form
    If the bike was never registered sales tax has likely not been paid on it yet and will be paid directly to the state. At least I think that is how it is done in Kansas.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    If the bike was never registered sales tax has likely not been paid on it yet and will be paid directly to the state. At least I think that is how it is done in Kansas.
    If the dealer collects sales tax, which it appears they do, they would have already collected and forwarded to the state the sales tax when it was originally purchased. .

Regardless, the op is not purchasing the bike from the dealer so the dealer can not legally collect sales tax.

Or, in simplest terms.

6.5% of nothing (the amount the op paid to the dealer) is nothing.

I checked and Kansas is a state where the dealer does collect the sales tax. But you are required to bring in the receipt from the dealer where you paid the sales tax. I think this is going to be a problem for the OP. The state is going to want to see a receipt and there is simply no way they are going to accept a zero receipt.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4