Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

Which model is cheaper than the Sportster? The 883 is the smallest bike they have and the MSRP on it was around $8400. Admittedly far off form the $11K I threw out there in my last post but there are several Sporty models and I just grabbed one because I can only guess. The Street (I never heard of this one) was an 883ci Sporty that HD doesn't make anymore. Even so, it's super fishy.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

Nope, the cheapest is the HD Street 500 at $6899.

Though there are many of us that don't think it is really a Harley.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Nope, the cheapest is the HD Street 500 at $6899.

Though there are many of us that don't think it is really a Harley.
    Yes, I rolled all the fees in to get to $8400. But it's still all a bit fishy. And why spend so much on such a wee bike?
    "They go up!"

The Street isn't a Sporty. It and it's slightly bigger brother the Street 750 are water-cooled and their own frame.

Are you sure that's a Harley? Are you positive? I've never even heard of this thing and I've been messing around with motorcycles (American, Japanese, English, Itanlian...) for 30 years. This would explain my head scratching, it looks nothing like my 103" Softail.

In any event, no title, no record of sale=big problem. It may not have been the sellor's to sell.
    "They go up!"

Yep, made by the HD in both the USA and Asia (India I think.)

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...19/street.html

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post

Just because someone is in the military does not mean they are a great guy. The list that demonstrates this is looooong. Robin Marchant, anyone?
    And James Douglas Pou.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Yep, made by the HD in both the USA and Asia (India I think.)

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...19/street.html
    That looks like a lot of rake on the front end.

I've never seen one of these but that's not a bad price for a cafe racer, especially after checking other late model ones.
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    That looks like a lot of rake on the front end.

I've never seen one of these but that's not a bad price for a cafe racer, especially after checking other late model ones.
    It is an interesting little bike it has been poorly marketed and certainly didn't appeal the normal HD market but that is what they intended. I think the bulk of them, especially the 500 in the US have been used as training bikes for the HD rider classes. There is a police version of the 750 that is sold to PDs as a training bike as well. The Streets was HDs first new push into alternative markets that we're really going to see starting next year.

They tried that with the VRod, in partnership with their Buell subsidiary and that didn't do so well, either. Harley/AMF made a shot at the Cafe market in the '80's with the XLCR and that didn't take off, either though it was pretty fast and featured in as the bike that Michael Douglas in Black Rain. Their taking a run at the electric market with the Live Wire but it's pricepoint is looking to be in the mid $20K, which is pretty rich and is one of the reasons that Gilroy-Indian failed in 2004(?) before Polaris acquired the name.

Alas, this isn't a motorcycle forum.
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast