Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

Quote Quoting charly-davidson
    View Post
    Completely unrelated but what happens when you get pulled over and have a unregistered engine !
    There is something wrong with this picture. I don’t know if a dealer sends the c of o to the state or delivers it to the buyer in your state but whomever is responsible for doing so has obviously dropped the ball. You might try contacting the original selling dealer to inquire about the matter.

What is this poa you speak of? What does it allow you to do in place of the principal (presumably the seller)?

You also said you checked the vin and it came back good. With whom did you check?

Default Re: Bought Motorcycle No Title Had What I Needed to Get Title Except Never Registered

power of Attorney poa. This thing got drove from dealership to his house and parked it till he had to do something cause he was moving ! He already had 2 other bikes sense ! Not girls bikes ! So hopefully no lien cause Iím calling Harley today ! What can they do if I have bike sold to me ? Come take it ? Best of luck to them ! Iíll have that thing turned into a hill climber ! I I ͏w͏a͏y overpaid for that thing

Quote Quoting charly-davidson
    View Post
    power of Attorney poa. This thing got drove from dealership to his house and parked it till he had to do something cause he was moving ! He already had 2 other bikes sense ! Not girls bikes ! So hopefully no lien cause I’m calling Harley today ! What can they do if I have bike sold to me ? Come take it ? Best of luck to them ! I’ll have that thing turned into a hill climber ! I I ͏w͏a͏y overpaid for that thing
    I know what a poa is. I was asking what powers the poa you have given you.

If the thing is stolen or the guy obtained it in some unlawful manner, it wouldn’t be smart to do anything to the bike.

If the bike was sold to a dealer, Harley Davidson would be out of the picture. I was suggesting you contact the selling dealer and ask them if they submitted the c of o to the state.

TR-41. Thatís kinda where I stand Iím just having trouble calling them ! This is the first time Iíve even heard of an mso ! Why wouldnít they turn it into the state ? Harley plants sells to Harley stores end of list ! They are kind of one unit ! If for some reason Iím wrongabout this guy and I call Harley and they either have a lien against it or itís stolen am I just beat out of $4K or do I position myself to where I get my money back ! Not a free set of handlebars ! I can part it out and get my money ! No vin motor is better than stolen vin motor ! I always expect the worse possible thing to happen ! Never does

You paid $4000 for a 2016 Harley?

What model?

The cheapest Harley they had in 2016?

Which was?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

This is super fishy. MSRP on Sportsters in 2016, which are the least expensive model, is around $11K and the current value for a private sale is around $8K.

The dealer and the manufacturer are not the same entity.

If you part out a bike that is stolen (or that is not yours...and this one isn't) then you can have all sorts of problems. This is what happens when you don't buy used bikes with clear titles.

Just because someone is in the military does not mean they are a great guy. The list that demonstrates this is looooong. Robin Marchant, anyone? You may have just gotten screwed. Your recourse would be to sue the seller...but he's overseas...right?
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

What is super fishy is op wouldn’t disclose the model involved. Rather than writing a simple model number, he writes “the cheapest Harley they had in 2016”

this just just turned into a troll thread in my mind.

Btw, the sporty wasn’t the cheapest model in 2016. There were a couple less expensive models.

Forty eight ! Fishy ? What could I possible be up to ! ? Itís a smaller world than you think ! Itís not like something like this has to me everyday ! I get alittle paranoid ! I really want this bike ! But I am known for finding the deals ! And I always reach my goals ! Just canít think in one direction! I will win this one to ! Iíve been talking to this gal at Harley ! Sounds like they do all the mso ! She checking over night Nd get back to me today ! I saved so much cash on the last deal I might have to buy another one but if that gets this one on the road so be it ! Understand everyone has a dark side itís rare to find a perfectly honest person ! A mans got to do what a mans got to do !

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast