Post Can You Sue Your Neighbor Over an Unpermitted Boundary Wall

My question involves personal property located in the State of: California. Property owners who is my employer running construction business out of it. Put a driveway and 8ft block wall non permitted and not to code. Making visability extremely hard upon existing. I was hit by on coming car existing. Can I sue for negligence?

Default Re: Property Owners My Employer Installed Drive Way Not to Code 8ft Wall

I suggest that you check first with your local jurisdiction (municipality) to see if the proper permits were obtained to construct the driveway. There are ordinances in the zoning that deal with site distances on entering a highway.

The fact that you were hit by an oncoming car may have nothing to do with the construction of the drive. It may be that you pulled out onto a road without looking for oncoming traffic.

We have no way of knowing which it is.

Default Re: Property Owners My Employer Installed Drive Way Not to Code 8ft Wall

If you're seeking some sort of assessment of your chances of success, you'll have to do a heck of a lot better job of describing what happened. In the meantime, did you notify your personal auto insurance carrier about what happened? Were you carrying collision coverage or only liability coverage? Were you injured? If so, have you sought medical treatment?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    I suggest that you check first with your local jurisdiction (municipality) to see if the proper permits were obtained to construct the driveway. There are ordinances in the zoning that deal with site distances on entering a highway.

The fact that you were hit by an oncoming car may have nothing to do with the construction of the drive. It may be that you pulled out onto a road without looking for oncoming traffic.

We have no way of knowing which it is.
    I have done my research and no permit and it's even build to code. The approach is only 3ft and the street starts so you have to inch out and do best to lean forward in car. Then inch out little more. Unfortunately second time I inched out drive was driving in middle of road it's narrow street. She hit me.

How long has the wall been there and how many times have you exited without getting hit?

Quote Quoting Meliswoz
    View Post
    I have done my research and no permit and it's even build to code. The approach is only 3ft and the street starts so you have to inch out and do best to lean forward in car. Then inch out little more. Unfortunately second time I inched out drive was driving in middle of road it's narrow street. She hit me.
    Hon, you really need to read over what you are posting before you post it. I think that you meant that it is NOT built to code. Also the bolded sentence is nearly unintelligible.

1. Sponsored Links