Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Waiver

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    I did attempt to find someone else who was fired and re-hired by the firm as was suggested by a lawyer. I did find this person but this person was on contract and not a direct hire which I was.

I have had one Private Investigator offer for a small fee to investigate this possibility. My concern with this is 1) the investigator said he will do this with calls to people he knows that work there 2) the company will be alerted to the inquires and come to some conclusion it is me seeking this information. 3) the investigator will be required to give the firm the name of the person who hired the private investigator. I'd like the panels inputs on #2 and #3.
    I can barely understand what you're talking about, but it seems pretty clear that you don't have any legal issue.

As far as your request for "input," what difference does it make if someone else "was fired and re-hired"? You wrote that some "lawyer suggested . . . that if [you] could find another person who was eliminated for the same reason and re-hired [you'd] have precedence [sic] to be considered for re-employment." That's just plain silly unless you are/were a civil service employee or a member of a labor union that has a collective bargaining agreement with your former employer. Unless one of those things is true, "precedent" is meaningless.

Beyond that, we have no conceivable way of knowing (1) if phone calls that some private investigator might make to people we don't know will or won't "alert" the company to the inquiry; or (2) if anyone currently employed by the company will reach a conclusion that you're the one seeking the info (or any other conclusion). As for the investigator being "required to give the firm the name of the person who hired" him/her, no such legal requirement exists, but it might be that someone might be willing to give out certain information only if the PI identifies his/her employer.

My guess is that you're only continuing with these inquiries to see how long folks here will continue to waste their time with you. As for me, I'll now be adding you to the list of folks whose posts I block.

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    I really need to get that job back.
    Not our problem.

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    I really need to get that job back.
    Then you shouldn't have lost in the first place. Sometimes you can't go back.

And here's something else for you to consider.

For the sake of argument, let's suppose that you find some Very High Priced Lawyer who hires a Very Expensive Investigator and finds a set of facts that convinces the employer (wrongly, because no such set of facts exists outside the exceptions that have already been indicated) that they are obligated to hire you back. Hey, great, you won!

Now, the company has been forced, very much against their will, to bring you back. You think they're going to be happy about that? You think all will be smooth sailing after that?

Think again. That code of conduct you've been so concerned about? Better make sure you follow it religiously every hour of the day.

Due on the job at 9:00? Better hope that the overturned tractor trailer on the road ahead of you doesn't keep you there too long, because at 9:01, you're late and can be fired for it.

Sick with the flu before you've been there long enough to qualify for FMLA? Even WITH a doctor's note, they're free to let you go for missing work.

Computer down and you submit a report a day late? Not performing to standard, don't slam the door on the way out.

Are you getting the picture here?

Yup I know the score there. I worked at places more stringent than that for 18 years. As for cbg .... please do not block I value your insights on future endeavors. I will stop this winding discussion.

I'm not blocking you, I'm just telling you that you're wasting your time. Even if you somehow managed to force them to rehire you, you wouldn't keep the job any longer than it took for them to find a reason to fire you again.

It is worth a try to me.

Well, I'm not wasting any more time on it. If you want to throw your money away, be it on your own head. I'm not blocking, but I'm also not going to spend any more of my time on your wasted effort.

For the love of all that's bright and shiny: spend your money on therapy, not a PI. And I'm not being snarky. Your obsession with returning to this employer WHO DOES NOT WANT YOU BACK is not healthy.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4