Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Waiver of a Code of Conduct Violation

I am seeking a waiver to a code of conduct at a firm. Is this something an employment lawyer would draft? if not then what type of lawyer or profession would execute this?

Default Re: Waiver

You can't be serious.

You don't really think any firm is going to allow you to waive being bound by the code of conduct?

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    I am seeking a waiver to a code of conduct at a firm. Is this something an employment lawyer would draft? if not then what type of lawyer or profession would execute this?
    Why would any firm/employer agree to waive its code of conduct for anyone?

A waiver for a single statement in the code of conduct. It states it is possible. The business this applies to recommended I have a professional assist me, I assuming it is a lawyer, but I have not found the correct type of lawyer who will do this or maybe it is not a lawyer who would do this. I am asking the panel.

It would be the employer who would write and grant the waiver. It isn't something you can have written and force upon them. I think they have made it clear they have no interest in rehiring you. From all that you have written on this and other forums you would be much better off spending your time looking for another job.

Who told you that you should have it done by a professional?

The panel thinks that you are wasting your time. If the employer were interested in allowing you a waiver, they would draw it up themselves. Or better yet, not even bother with a formal waiver and just excuse you.

An employer doesn't need a waiver to exempt you from one sentence of their code of conduct, but I cannot fathom why one would do so. The whole point of a code of conduct is to assure ALL employees work by a very basic code of behavior. I suspect they KNOW you won't find a lawyer or anyone else that can draft something that overrides the code of conduct and somehow exempts you from one sentence. They would be taking on major liability if they allowed this "waiver". And at this point are just saying anything to send you away from them for a while spinning your wheels.

"It states it is possible"-- who or what is the first "It"?

The code of conduct states this. I found a copy online from 2 years ago. The download looks legititmate.

Where did you find this code of conduct? Was it from your employer's website?

But even if they do have a method of waiving something it isn't something you can force on them and it isn't something you would have a lawyer write up.

Likely are trying to send me away. There is a list of many reasons leading up to why this misconduct happened. I have worked on a short term contract since then and actually have an offer but it is out of town and I really am unable to move out of town due family obligations. This firm is a firm I really wanted to stay at for a length of time. I was a bit dismayed by several things that happened while I was there and in my personal life when this occurred. I have tried all avenues I can consider taking. This waiver idea is one of my final ones to consider.

One person (professional with many years of HR experience) suggested trying to find someone higher up who will go to bat for me. That is my next avenue.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast