Default How Can You Get Multiple Punishments for One Ticket

How can Wisconsin think its ok to give out multiple consequences for a speeding ticket? I was pulled over supposedly doing 91 mph in a posted 65 mph speed zone. Was ticketed $300.00, 6 pts on my DL and DL suspended for 15 days now have to pay another $60 to reinstate and since I have a WA. DL they are going to make me pay to get a WI. DL. All this because of a speeding violation to where they can't prove my guilt and I cannot prove my innocence. Why don't they just bend me all the way over and bang me in my you know what. Its BS and they do this to collect extra $$$ I hate this State. I don't suggest anyone ever move here.

Default Re: 26 Over in a 65

I can't tell if you really have a question or are just ranting.

Quote Quoting bouzektimothy
    View Post
    How can Wisconsin think its ok to give out multiple consequences for a speeding ticket?
    Ummm..."Wisconsin" is a geographical area that is incapable of thinking anything. If you're talking about the 5.8 million-plus people who live in Wisconsin, I doubt very much that there is anything about which there is unanimous agreement.

View Post
    I was pulled over supposedly doing 91 mph in a posted 65 mph speed zone. Was ticketed $300.00, 6 pts on my DL and DL suspended for 15 days now have to pay another $60 to reinstate and since I have a WA. DL they are going to make me pay to get a WI. DL. All this because of a speeding violation to where they can't prove my guilt and I cannot prove my innocence.
    It sounds like you have already been convicted, which means your guilt was either proven or conceded by you. As far as the punishment, the fine, points and suspension are all relatively normal for reckless driving or such excessive speed. The reinstatement fee is, presumably, an administrative charge. As far as being required to get a Wisconsin license, I don't know of any state in which it is legal for a person who has moved to the state to drive on another state's license more than a couple weeks. Of course, if you have not moved to Wisconsin, then you cannot be compelled to obtain a Wisconsin driver's license.

View Post
    Its BS and they do this to collect extra $$$ I hate this State.
    If you don't like the laws, you are free to lobby your elected representatives to change them. However, if you think what you described is unique to Wisconsin, you've got another thing coming.

1. Sponsored Links