Default What are the Inheritance Rights of Grandchildren When their Parent is Deceased

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: New Hampshire, My grandmother passed away after my father did and I am supposed to receive a portion of his inheritance. My aunt is the executor of the will, my and my brothers name were not in the will but, are suppsed to receive a portion of his inheritance. My aunt just called pissed off asking me to not call the lawyer when I had a valid question regarding what happened to all my grandmothers money since all the paperwork only has her property on it none of the money we know she bragged about. Now can we be cut out of the will since the inheritance was left to my Dad who was estranged from us and my stepmother is wanting our portion of the inheritance?

Default Re: Grandmothers Will What Rights Do I Have

Without reading the will there is no way anyone can answer your questions. You need to contact a lawyer in New Hampshire.

I'm not sure I follow your question, but no, your aunt cannot legally refuse whatever you're entitled to under your grandmother's will because she is "pissed off" that you called her lawyer and asked a question.

If that's not what you were asking, please clarify your question.

Okay, I have seen this situation from another angle. if you are calling the attorney that your aunt has hired, have called more than once, stop doing this. I saw a case where the executor had hired an attorney and the other heirs kept calling and harassing the attorney about when they were getting their money to the extent that the attorney quit, costing the estate his fees, necessitating the hiring of another attorney. This would definitely piss off the executor if she was doing her best to get the estate settlement completed. Otherwise, if you think your aunt is somehow cheating you, hire your own attorney so that each of your calls won't cost anyone else money and won't create an irritation for them. If your dad is an heir and things are going as they should, you'll eventually find out what you get and when you get it.

1. Sponsored Links