Default Can You Be Arrested for Not Paying Child Support if You Are Disabled

My question involves a person located in the state of: California

I sort of asked a similar question on another thread. But I wanted to be more specific here.

I just found out that 100% of my disability is being taken to pay for a child I did not know I had, making me, my wife, and 8 kids, soon to be homeless and hungry...

But on another note, not paying child support is a crime. A felony. You can go to prison for it. For a very small amount. I am already past the cancelled passport amount, and worried I will be arrested and deported when my host country finds out (I live abroad). It won't be long, and I will be past the federal felony mark.

But my question: How can the government FORCE a disabled person to work, or go to prison?

How is that legal? Is there nothing in the ADA that prevents this? Even if I COULD work, where I live, I would work grueling hours for maybe $60 a month. Like 20 hours a day of medieval style construction work.

Thank you for any pointers.

Default Re: Can You Be Arrested for Not Paying Child Support if You Are Disabled

No. There is nothing in the ADA that prevents this. The ADA does not guarantee that nothing bad can every happen to a disabled person - it levels the playing field so that disabled people get treated the same as non-disabled people.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Can You Be Arrested for Not Paying Child Support if You Are Disabled

Yes, you can be arrested for not supporting your children.

You question was answered in the other thread quite adequately.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

You would be incarcerated for being in violation of the law, not because your disabled. These things are only connected in your mind.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links