Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Part Time Employee Had an Aca Marketplace Plan with Subsidy but Received a 1095c

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    It's possible that it was a mistake on the employer's part. It's also possible that he overlooked the offering.
    I'm not sure what I could have overlooked. No one has ever contacted me about eligibility for health coverage in 10 years. Like many companies, benefits have only been available to full time employees. I would think that common sense would dictate a company would notify employees of any changes to long standing policies that could have future financial ramifications.

I found this. But I'm not even sure what to make of the bolded part.

29. What counts as an “offer of coverage” under the employer shared responsibility provisions?
    In general, an ALE makes an offer of coverage to an employee if it provides the employee an effective opportunity to enroll in the coverage (or to decline that coverage) at least once for each plan year. Whether an employee has an effective opportunity to enroll is based on all the relevant facts and circumstances. An ALE offers coverage for a month only if the coverage would be provided for every day of that calendar month.

Do I have an effective opportunity to enroll if I'm not told that I'm eligible to enroll after not being eligible for the last 9 years? How would I even know?

Default Re: Part Time Employee Had an Aca Marketplace Plan with Subsidy but Received a 1095c

[QUOTE=khow;1113989]I'm not sure what I could have overlooked. No one has ever contacted me about eligibility for health coverage in 10 years. /QUOTE]

I don't know either. I don't know what your employer does with regards to notices. We send out notices to all our employees but some are returned to us by the post office, some don't bother to open them, some go to old addresses and are not forwarded, and various other things. I'm not saying you DID overlook something; I'm saying that on FACTS that are available to us the possibility can't be rules out completely.

[QUOTE=cbg;1113992]
    Quote Quoting khow
    View Post
    I'm not sure what I could have overlooked. No one has ever contacted me about eligibility for health coverage in 10 years. /QUOTE]

I don't know either. I don't know what your employer does with regards to notices. We send out notices to all our employees but some are returned to us by the post office, some don't bother to open them, some go to old addresses and are not forwarded, and various other things. I'm not saying you DID overlook something; I'm saying that on FACTS that are available to us the possibility can't be rules out completely.
    Sorry, I really don't mean to come across as an ass. I do appreciate everyone's input. This is just kind of stressful for me, $7k is a lot of money that I don't have. Try to go by the rules and still seem to get screwed over. Especially when I should have known about this 18 months ago during open enrollment.

Hopefully I'll fall under the repayment limits listed here. But I'm not sure if that applies to just higher income discrepancies or all PTC repayment issues.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2