Default When Can You Get Your License Back Following a DUI Suspension

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: WV

I am attempting to get my license back. Jumping through hoops it seems. I was informed I would have to have a breath monitoring system, installed. Is there a standard fee charged for this apparatus? I have not yet reached that stage, but would like to know ball park figure, have other hoops to jump through. Was told before I could get my operators I would need to pay outstanding fines. So that hoop I have went through, paying some pretty hefty fines. Went back to DMV, to apply for testing to get licenses, now they say I have court costs that need to be paid. There was no mention of this prior. Just wondering why court costs would prevent my reinstatement. And what they would do tell me next they wanted, like my first born child. As always thanks for help given. I am coming here because it seems to be a big fun game the state is playing with my rights to travel.

Default Re: DUI Suspension

Your court issues are not settled until all associated costs with the court action are paid. That would include fines, court costs, and even restitution if it was involved.

Unless you are under house arrest, the state is not infringing upon your right to travel. Simply open the door and start walking.

I dont know why you believe your right to travel and the suspension of your operators license are attached. They aren’t.

Default Re: DUI Suspension

It's also likely you will have to have the breath analyzer installed in the vehicle before your privileges to drive are reinstated. The costs vary greatly so shop around for a (your) courts approved device. An internet search suggested pricing can be around $75 per month for a lease with a couple hundred for install and initial deposit.

1. Sponsored Links