Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2019

    Default Ex-Spouse Failed to Turn Over Tax Refund Money

    Question? I have just found out my husband hid 7,000$ on last years tax return to avoid paying me 30% per our seperation agreement. He turned over false documentation to my attorney and the judge of which i just gained proof. Irrefutable proof. Can this become criminal instead of just civil and breach of contract? This isnt his first stunt pulled under the agreement and i figured that 2,000$ that he owes based on the percentage and contract would qualify as criminal...paired with handing over false documents for lawyers and judges to sign off on?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006

    Default Re: Can You Get Part of an Insurance Payout on Property Awarded to Your Ex-

    Your attorney is the person who is best positioned to tell you if any crimes occurred, and whether a local prosecutor would charge somebody in this type of circumstance. Laws vary by state.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Following Too Closely: Accident Due to Another Driver's Failed U-Turn
    By CO-1 in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2017, 11:16 AM
  2. Service Providers: Taxidermist Failed to Complete Services and Won't Refund the Deposit
    By RCB in forum Consumer Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2016, 08:26 PM
  3. Lights, Signs and Traffic Controls: Failed to Obey No U-Turn Sign. Citation 2for VC 1461 (A)
    By pixelfreak in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 04:15 PM
  4. Consumer Law Issues: Gym Closed, Failed to Return Dues Money
    By gymzone in forum Consumer Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 02:42 PM
  5. Bail, Bond and Pretrial Release: Defendant Failed to Turn Himself In, is Violating Restraining Orders
    By justdontdoit in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources