Hybrid View

Default Options to Seal and Destroy a Criminal Record After Dismissal Relief is Granted

My question involves criminal records for the state of: California

In doing FBI background check, have an old conviction that was later granted a dismissal via filing a CR180 petition under PC1203.4.

Seeking advice on sealing or sealing and destroying the record with the goal of having it completely removed from my FBI background check. Is the first step to always seek a dismissal before seeking a seal and destroy?

Thank you for the help

Default Re: CA - Options to Seal and Destroy After Dismissal Relief Granted

There is no way to completely erase a conviction in CA. Had there just been an arrest without a conviction, that, under certain conditions, can be sealed and destroyed.

1. Sponsored Links