Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What to Do if Your Neighbor's Dogs are Trespassing on Your Land

Buy a high frequency generator, maybe with a directional antenna. Nobody will know what happened when the dog runs off your property howling.

The dog will learn real fast where not to drop its next turd.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    If you are responding to my post, what part of it do you think indicates that the dog would be harmed?
    If you're responding to my post, I was referring to commentator's suggestion to shoot at them with a bb gun. Just pointing out it is criminal.

Well, since I used to shoot at and be shot by my siblings, etc. with BB guns, and that a BB gun was standard "run off the neighbors invading dogs" procedure, I am afraid we southerners are a pretty criminal lot! Not sure zapping with a high frequency generator would be any less painful, though of course, a BB gun might put the dog's eye out, as it might have put ours out. I think the fencing and the dog deterrent sprays are a fairly good idea.

I've managed to put a bunch of air rifle pellets into a ground hog. He bled alot, but it didn't kill him. Still I suspect if I'd gotten him just right I might have caused serious injury.
    As your mama told you, two wrongs do not make a right.

(I've since gone up for higher firepower against the vermin. The 12G works a lot better).

My multi-pump Crosman was showing its 'age' last year, so I replaced it with a Ruger pellet rifle. The pump was pretty okay as far as being "adjustable". Was easy most times to go from stun to kill with the multi pump. The Ruger is not. 1200fps sometimes makes the tree-rats' little heads pop like a big zit.

Red Riders was what us kids had back in the day. Anywhere closer than 50ft or so would sting pretty good.

Get some chickens. When the dogs chase your chickens, then you can use means to protect your livestock.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Well, minimum 6 dogs is a pack. A pack of the neighbors dogs barking at people in your driveway might turn into a pack of dogs attacking someone in your driveway. Anybody who'd quote the Texas laws on how their dogs have a right to run free likely understands that the frame of mind in Texas would permit you to shoot their darn dogs with something much greater than a BB gun if they come on your property and attack you and yours. Boo, what do you have against poor old chickens? Those dogs won't "chase" them, they'll have them for lunch. And the feud continues.

Quote Quoting comment/ator
    View Post
    Well, minimum 6 dogs is a pack. A pack of the neighbors dogs barking at people in your driveway might turn into a pack of dogs attacking someone in your driveway. Anybody who'd quote the Texas laws on how their dogs have a right to run free likely understands that the frame of mind in Texas would permit you to shoot their darn dogs with something much greater than a BB gun if they come on your property and attack you and yours. Boo, what do you have against poor old chickens? Those dogs won't "chase" them, they'll have them for lunch. And the feud continues.
    Once the dogs have the flock for lunch, then the dogs will have to go. Livestock always trumps dogs.

Chickens are less expensive than goats and a donkey, in terms of acquisition and food stuffs. Otherwise, I'd suggest goats and a donkey, and watch the donkey stomp a dog or two.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Right, as I said, if the dog is official "dangeorous" to include attacking fowl or livestock, then the game changes. Just running around loose however, doesn't justify shooting them.

The man said six dogs. Six dogs (which I bet are not all smaller than a shih Tzu) IMHO a pack makes. Dogs in a pack don't respond well to "Here Boopsie! No no, bad doggie!" You wouldn't shoot at a dog with a BB gun to sting its butt and tell it to "Git!" (which actually works pretty well around here) but you would turn a donkey or a chicken or a goat loose to be savaged by this pack of dogs? And that's so that you can what? Go to the law and demand that the guy gets rid of his dogs at that point, or maybe in the case of the donkey or goat pays your vet bill for having it sewn up or put down? I have seen a goat that had been attacked by a pack of dogs What if their first casualty is your mother in law? Sorry, I just would be awfully upset because I happen to believe that a pack of dogs is a dangerous thing, not unlike a loaded firearm.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast