Default Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor Charge for Smoking Marijuana With a Minor

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Tennessee.

I recently turned 18, my record is spotless until this incident, I have my trial on April 1st, my friend is 17.
    A couple of days ago, I was going to drop my friend off at his house after work (we work together), when I got there, he offered me a free smoke (marijuana). I was currently trying to quit but since it was free I deemed it okay. We went to a nearby park around 10pm and smoke a blunt. Around 15-30 min later, an officer pulls up and makes my friend call his mom and has me do a field sobriety test (which I passed).

My friend had some weed on him (less than .5oz) and it belonged to him. I got a ticket/citation for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I drove home and have left it alone until last night when I booked myself in the jail (or whatever the process of getting in the system is called). Now, I have no clue what my chances are of getting probation/plea bargain/getting charges dropped/jail time.

Anybody who can offer adivce? Please and thank you, I’m concerned about my future. I can’t really afford an attorney at the moment.

Default Re: Should I Hire an Attorney or How Should I Go About This

You can't afford NOT to get an attorney. A criminal record can affect eligibility for school loans, jobs, scholarships, military enlistment, etc. You do not want to mess this up.

Default Re: Should I Hire an Attorney or How Should I Go About This

Exactly,don't play around w stuff like this. A lawyer gonna get you the best outcome.

1. Sponsored Links