Default How to Get Arrears Waived in Your Child Support Case

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Nebraska
    I have 3 different cases that i'm paying on. None of which are active. I owed around $20,000 but have gotten it down down to about $4000 still owed. I was wanting to know if Nebraska offers a program to waive arrears and how I go about doing it?

Default Re: How to Get Arrears Waived in a Nebraska Order While Living in Nevada

Unless the money is owed to the state rather than the other parent, the state would have no right to waive anything. If the money is owed to the state as repayment for periods when the other parent was recieving welfare, you can ask if they will waive the remaining debt. They have no obligation to do so.

Default Re: How to Get Arrears Waived in a Nebraska Order While Living in Nevada

Every time I try to contact Nebraska they tell me that I have to contact Nevada about it cause I no longer have an active case. When I contact Nevada they tell me it's Nebraska's order so I need to speak with them.

Also I had 3 different arrears cases that they have been garnishing my wages to pay off. But yet on my paycheck stubs they have been taking out 4 different payments and I can't get Nevada or Nebraska to speak to me about it. They are still taking out the amount I was ordered to pay monthly for support. Even though I no longer owe monthly support. I only owe arrears now cause the case is no longer active. Nebraska & Nevada just keep passing the buck to each other and no one is helping me with any of my issues. But they continue to take my money. Also Nevada takes $4.00 for every payment they collect for Nebraska, which should only be 3 payments. But when I look on the child support website under payment history, their is 9 different payments that are made every paycheck. I get paid bi-weekly so that's 18 different payments Nevada collects for Nebraska every month.

They are still taking out the amount I was ordered to pay monthly for support. Even though I no longer owe monthly support. I only owe arrears now cause the case is no longer active.
    so they have continued the amount of the payment. Is there a reason that you would expect something different?

you owe arrears because you didn’t pay what you owed as it was due.

1. Sponsored Links