Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Contesting a Speeding Ticket for 21 in 20, School Zone

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: WA

School zone ...21 in a 20 ;-(

What are the odds this will stand if contested?

The officer didn't provide any paperwork. No agree to appear either written or verbal. He said I'll see something in the mail.
    I don't think he has me on SMD. He got the car in front of me and told me I was "going about the same speed".

I suspect (hope) I won't see anything in the mail.

Question: If no paperwork was shown to me, is this really a citation?

Thanks for you help.

Default Re: 21 in 20 School Zone

It's wishful think that the ticket is not coming. When it comes, file for discovery of the officer's sworn statement and then post it here and the experts will look at it.

It's not a citation, yet. But that doesn't mean one isn't coming. They've got five business days to file the citation with the court and regular postal delays for you to get it in the mail.

Did he take your driver license? Seem to write the number down?

Sounds to me to be someone imposing a police officer.

Based on what?

"Imposing a police officer"? Well, I suppose that making a traffic stop could be called an imposition on the cop...but, that's kinda part of the job description. Did you mean impersonating a police officer? If so, what in the OP led you to that conclusion???
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

Quote Quoting PTPD22
    View Post
    "Imposing a police officer"? Well, I suppose that making a traffic stop could be called an imposition on the cop...but, that's kinda part of the job description. Did you mean impersonating a police officer? If so, what in the OP led you to that conclusion???
    ...and getting pulled over for 21mph in a 20mph zone would be more of an imposition on the motorist.

True. But, I wasn't responding to a post referencing "imposing a driver." So, there is that.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

Default Re: Contesting a Speeding Ticket for 21 in 20, School Zone

If you are actually ticketed for 21 in a 20 MPH zone, come back with the details.

Default Re: Contesting a Speeding Ticket for 21 in 20, School Zone

Citation arrived at it states ďspeeding 1 mph over the limitĒ

It states SMD was used although there is no box on the form for serial number.

Iím convinced he didnít get me with an SMD based on what he told me at the scene (ďI got the guy in front of you doing 33 and you were doing about the sameĒ)

Iím not sure if that matters though if he has the SMD box checked. What proof do we have that he used or didnít use a SMD?

A laser gun doesnít capture an image with date time and velocity does it? I imagine itís just the officers word that matters.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast