Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Barbed Wire Fence in a Residential Lot

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    What gives you the idea that OP is in Alabama?
    The first word of the OP's post was my big clue.

The fence is a spite fence and is not allowed in most states under common law. And local ordinances don't allow barbed wire fences except for security purposes.

I'll wait for OP to explain the rest of the story (what was done to piss-off the neighbor) and what state OP is in before commenting further.
    I certainly can't find any state laws banning such a fence in Alabama.

Lived in Louisiana for four years, much like the rest of the South, you can do what you pretty much wanna do, within law and reason, to a lot of other more significant things than fence.

In some areas salt shells are widely preferred to fences when it comes to interloper control....yeah, I know, like it's 2019.

But once you've lived it, you know. Too many opine about crap they know nothing of.

Like to see a pic of a "spite fence". Never seent one! However, seen spiKe fence before.
    I strive every day to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    ALABAMA was the first word. Brush up on your reading comprehension. And you assume that the OP has upset the applecart. That's mighty assumption on your part despite saying you'll wait for further....jus sayin!
    Remember Evelyn Wood speed reading? Doesn't always work. I missed Alabama because I was expecting to see My question involves bla bla in the state of Alabama (or whatever). I just didn't see it. Really nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

Quote Quoting Jimbo142345
    View Post
    Also he has no trespassing signs on the fence facing my yard. If anyone tresspassed theyd have to first trespass my yard so this guys sign is for me only. There is no fence across the front and no signage otherwise. Only facing my yard
    Well, I think it's a pretty sound assumption based on the post, that OP somehow pissed off the neighbor right or wrong.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    I certainly can't find any state laws banning such a fence in Alabama.
    Nor can I. However, local and county ordinances might.

(...souper still waits patiently for a "spite fence pic and/or vid...)

Zoning and restrictions are pretty sparse once outside of a metro/burbs area. 2 of the 4 years I lived in La. was in a house in a 5 acre stand of trees, smack dab in the middle of 1500 acres of soybeans, 4 minutes outta the back gate.

Had I owned the place, I pretty much coulda done what I wanted. Within law and reason of course, with reason being a really broad-stroke brush so-to-speak.

Travel the state and U.S. highways across the Bible Belt. Stay off the interstates. You'll have a 'cultural' experience like no other!

Love the South!!! Got relatives in Tuscaloosa. We get there about 3 times a year. GO BAMA!

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    (...souper still waits patiently for a "spite fence pic and/or vid...)

Zoning and restrictions are pretty sparse once outside of a metro/burbs area. 2 of the 4 years I lived in La. was in a house in a 5 acre stand of trees, smack dab in the middle of 1500 acres of soybeans, 4 minutes outta the back gate.

Had I owned the place, I pretty much coulda done what I wanted. Within law and reason of course, with reason being a really broad-stroke brush so-to-speak.

Travel the state and U.S. highways across the Bible Belt. Stay off the interstates. You'll have a 'cultural' experience like no other!

Love the South!!! Got relatives in Tuscaloosa. We get there about 3 times a year. GO BAMA!
    I live in a rural area in Bama. There's barbed wire fence separating my land from my neighbor's land. Meh. Very few codes out here - one could not mow grass for several years and have no problems.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Nor can I. However, local and county ordinances might.
    Which I mentioned in my first response. T

Seems to be possibly some culpability by the OP, pretty much disappeared.

Or, we scared the poor thing. 2 presumptions, no wating.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2