Default What Address is Sufficient for Pretrial Release

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Oregon

My case is a federal case.

For Pretrial Release, what is the criteria for an address? Can an address be mainly for mailing purposes and without me having to live there most of the time? Or does it have to be an actual place where I live somehow officially under some sort of set standard of living. I am planning on using a homeless shelter / homeless resource center for my address, of which they do provide mailing service. I am already released to a federal halfway house; but I want to move out of the halfway house.

I asked my pretrial officer and he claimed he cannot give me legal advice. But I don't think this is legal advice but rather legal information.

Default Re: Pretrial Release; What is the Purpose of an Address

That's something you'll have to ask the authorities that released.

Though I suspect it will have to be an address where they can find you if they want you.

Yes, you should discuss this with the authorities (preferably with your lawyer present). PTR in Oregon is SUPERVISED so I suspect they want to know BOTH where you can be served (a mailing address) and where you're actually going to be residing. Violation of the PTR conditions can end up having you locked back up again. DON'T SCREW AROUND trying to play semantics.

My attorney said, 'they would need to know the address of the homeless shelter you are living at'. I don't think he really knows the answer to the question. But it seems that as long as it is a confirmed address for mailing and that I will be there a good amount of time, its fine. Off course I will eventually confirm with the judge. Its the same as using the address of someone you know as an address even if you don't live there full time.

Quote Quoting fleshtheworld
    View Post
    Off course I will eventually confirm with the judge.
    I would do that sooner, not later.

1. Sponsored Links