Default Can SSD Be Terminated After a Positive Drug Screen

I am 59 yrs old and currently receive social security disability. My disabilities are not related to drugs or alcohol. I recently tested positive for marijuana in a state where marijuana is illegal. My question is will my disability be terminated by ssa ?? I more than qualify for benefits. I've been on disability for 6 yrs. I used marijuana for 3 months to relieve pain from back surgery and to stimulate appetite because I'd lost 60 lbs and could not eat. I was literally starving to death. Wonder what SSA will do when they learn of positive test ??
    I sure would appreciate some feedback as I am definitely worried about situation.
    thanks from mb007

Default Re: Can SSD Be Terminated for Positive Drug Screen

1. SSA will never be notified
    2. Even if they were notified, benefits are not terminated for drug or alcohol abuse.

At nearly the same age as you, I had to quit opioids simply because of the way they were abusing me, and visa-versa. 37 days later I'm gaining weight and overall happy due to alternatives.

Changed my wife's opinion! The other day she made me misty when she said she likes having the old me back. Then I told her how! Her conservative country girl self voted for medical marijuana recently.

The "F" on the test usually only matters to your pain doc. I fired mine and could not feel more at ease about it. Opioids suck! But for a few years I thought they were both a help, and a curse. Aside from the
    expense of trips to Colorado I couldn't be a happier user of God's Medicine...takes care of pain and more importantly, the 'darkness' of LTD.

Best part is I'm no longer hiding it from my wife. Fibbing is so wrong when it comes to loved ones, like wives!
    Growing old, mandatory. Growing up, optional!

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    At nearly the same age as you, I had to quit opioids simply because of the way they were abusing me, and visa-versa. 37 days later I'm gaining weight and overall happy due to alternatives.

Changed my wife's opinion! The other day she made me misty when she said she likes having the old me back. Then I told her how! Her conservative country girl self voted for medical marijuana recently.

The "F" on the test usually only matters to your pain doc. I fired mine and could not feel more at ease about it. Opioids suck! But for a few years I thought they were both a help, and a curse. Aside from the
    expense of trips to Colorado I couldn't be a happier user of God's Medicine...takes care of pain and more importantly, the 'darkness' of LTD.

Best part is I'm no longer hiding it from my wife. Fibbing is so wrong when it comes to loved ones, like wives!
    Are you saying you have to travel out of state to buy your medical marijuana? I assume that means it is not legal in your state. If it is not legal in the state you live in. You could get into legal trouble. Even if it is and you buy it in another state. You may or may not be breaking your states laws. The states that do have legal medical marijuana. Each have different laws regarding how much a person can have in their possession and other things.

If I misunderstood what you wrote. I apologize.

OMG! I could get in trouble? Puhleeze!!! I'm 18 with 41 years experience. And it's not luck. If you are familiar with my posts of past, then you know one of my faves: "You're never gonna stop the determined individual".

Medical/recreational state legalities are pretty moot to gunowners anyway. A MedMar card means losing them.

Correction: a percentage is/has been luck. I'm not stupid, contrary to popular opinion.

Quote Quoting souperdave
    View Post
    I'm 18 with 41 years experience.

You might want to cut down just a bit on the pot there Dave.

Would you rather me be another opioid statistic? AND, taking more and more due to efficacy issues is a definite harbringer of gloom and doom.

Some things DO NOT have tolerance concerns whatsoever, and most days acts just as well as Oxy... or hydro...
    For a free trip in a wheelbarrow down the street of your choice, guess which correctly.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You might want to cut down just a bit on the pot there Dave.
    You hafta grow old, you don't hafta grow up.

Legal concerns are seriously outweighed by the benefits I enjoy.

1. Sponsored Links