Several years ago I lived in Washington state. My employer was in Oregon. I would drive to Oregon, pick up my work truck and then drive back into Washington where my route was. I believe this qualifies me to use the Amtrak act.
I lived in Washington for a total of one year; approximately six months on one calendar year and six months on the other. I filed federal taxes for both of these years. I never filed state because I was unsure how to do it, so I kept putting it off. I normally do my own taxes. Is this something I can do myself or do I need to make an appointment with a professional?
From what I remember, I was just supposed to write Amtrak act on top of the tax forms, but I'm not sure how to calculate things if I'm not claiming it for a full year.