Default Can You Make Your Own Audio Book Using Another Author's Book

I'd like to make an audio book based off of a book that I like with my own voice and post it to YouTube. Legal?

If not, can I make a podcast of me analyzing the book after I read the book first? Fair use.

Not charging for this either.

Default Re: Can I Make My Own Audio Book for an Authors Book

Quote Quoting EL1192
    View Post
    I'd like to make an audio book based off of a book that I like with my own voice and post it to YouTube. Legal?
    Audio books are essentially a voice recording of the text of the book with a bit of editing, and that's a problem because the book text is protected by copyright. You can do it if you get permission from the copyright holder. For most books, if the copyright holder is willing to do it at all you'll end up having to pay a licensing fee. Many book publishers have their own plans for audio books and of course they won't want to have others creating competing books.

Quote Quoting EL1192
    View Post
    If not, can I make a podcast of me analyzing the book after I read the book first? Fair use.
    Your own original book review or analysis is fine, but you have to take care if you use any actual text of the book in your review. A few small snippets of it to illustrate a particular point is fine, but the more book text you use, the more likely it is you'll cross the line from fair use to infringement.

1. Sponsored Links