Default How to Get Copies of Pictures of Your Kids from Prior to Divorce

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas

Divorced with 3 kids. I have asked ex for the photo albums from the baby years so that I can make copies with promise to return originals to her timely. She is refusing to provide. Has anyone dealt with this? Any advice is appreciated.

thanks!

Default Re: Pictures of Kids from Prior to Divorce

That was joint personal property at the time of the divorce and should have been handled as such at the time. Ask really nicely.

Options that occur to me:

1 - Do something for your ex that she wants. I'm sure there is something that she'd made demands for.

2 - Enlist the aid of your kids to prevail upon Mommy to let Daddy borrow the albums or, if they are old enough to have smart phones and can be home alone after school, then can photograph the pictures for you.

3 - Offer to copy them when you are at her house visiting or picking up the kids.

4 - Wait until the kids become adults and have their own duplicate albums that you can copy.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    If "this" refers to a hostile lunatic of an ex, I'm sure many have dealt with it, male and female.

Options that occur to me:

1 - Do something for your ex that she wants. I'm sure there is something that she'd made demands for.

2 - Enlist the aid of your kids to prevail upon Mommy to let Daddy borrow the albums or, if they are old enough to have smart phones and can be home alone after school, then can photograph the pictures for you.

3 - Offer to copy them when you are at her house visiting or picking up the kids.

4 - Wait until the kids become adults and have their own duplicate albums that you can copy.

1) The only thing she wants is for me to die
    2) I am blocked on kids phone and if she found it on their phone (just pics) she would ground them/punish them
    3) Offered and she refused
    4) they are 8 and 10

We have motions pending so will just add this as a want that has been refused somehow.

It came up for obvious reasons but also because kids mentioned none of their baby pictures displayed in the house. SO - would like some of them.

You have issues way more serious than baby pictures.

Yes, I know. Believe me, I know.

Quote Quoting Texasduo
    View Post
    1) The only thing she wants is for me to die
    2) I am blocked on kids phone and if she found it on their phone (just pics) she would ground them/punish them
    3) Offered and she refused
    4) they are 8 and 10

We have motions pending so will just add this as a want that has been refused somehow.

It came up for obvious reasons but also because kids mentioned none of their baby pictures displayed in the house. SO - would like some of them.
    Not everything is addressed in a property settlement. Nobody thinks of everything that has to be addressed. Your photo albums is one of them.

When I got divorced and after the court stipulated settlement, my ex wanted the albums of a trip to Italy. She said that she would take the negatives (a time before digital images) and have them printed and send them to me. It never happened. She got the album and she got the negatives but I never got the pictures. That was 26 years ago.

I would love to see those memories in print. I still have them in my mind but not in print.

You trust someone to do what they say they will do and when they don't, you have to decide how important it is to you. You can raise the issue at your next court hearing.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Not everything is addressed in a property settlement. Nobody thinks of everything that has to be addressed. Your photo albums is one of them.

When I got divorced and after the court stipulated settlement, my ex wanted the albums of a trip to Italy. She said that she would take the negatives (a time before digital images) and have them printed and send them to me. It never happened. She got the album and she got the negatives but I never got the pictures. That was 26 years ago.

I would love to see those memories in print. I still have them in my mind but not in print.

You trust someone to do what they say they will do and when they don't, you have to decide how important it is to you. You can raise the issue at your next court hearing.
    Agree! It is impossible to have thought of every single thing and have it addressed by the courts, the document would be never ending!

You expect people to be decent and do the right thing - but that isn't life unfortunately as people get pissy over the most bizarre things. I am going to keep pressing for them. Her reasoning is "there are just too many and you just need to make your own memories" - I didn't ask HER to copy them, I asked them to be provided so I can make copies at my expense and return them in original condition. I also can't reinvent my children's birth or baby years.

1. Sponsored Links