Default Filing a Car Crash Police Report

I had a fender bender today with a guy that first tried to cut into my lane.
    This first happened where Beddington Trail to Deerfoot goes from 3 to 2 lanes. I was in the middle lane, he came flying in on the right at the last second into a space not big enough for his F-150 truck.
    He proceeded to ride the shoulder next to me.
    I was kinda in both remaining lanes, he backed off and followed me.

I stayed in the right lane, heading up to 64 ave. He went passed me on the right lane. I change lanes, following him, heading to the left turn lights to 64, he slammed on the brakes. I attempted to stop but failed. I know there are no cars ahead of him

I have video footage all of this.

However, how much should I be putting on the police report? Just the moment of impact? How there were no car ahead of him and he stop suddenly? Is the evens leading up to him slamming brakes something to mention?

Default Re: Filing a Car Crash Police Report

The location you are describing is in Calgary, Alberta Canada, and this site is restricted to discussion of law inside the United States. Comments of a general nature might be possible here but would not necessarily apply to your situation.

Default Re: Filing a Car Crash Police Report

Quote Quoting 1claire
    View Post
    This first happened where Beddington Trail to Deerfoot goes from 3 to 2 lanes.
    Given that you didn't identify a state, much less a locality, I wonder if you expect these references to be meaningful to anyone.

Quote Quoting 1claire
    View Post
    how much should I be putting on the police report?
    Maybe it's different where you are, but in my area, police won't respond to non-injury accidents unless a vehicle is disabled on the road. In any event, it's not up to you to determine the content of a police report. The officer taking the report will do that. There's no reason for you not to provide all details to the cop.

1. Sponsored Links