Quote Quoting pg1067
View Post
You didn't fully answer my questions: Did you actually rent a car for $70 per day? If the answer to that question is no, did you incur any costs for substitute transportation? If so, what costs did you actually incur?
yes for 2 weeks i rented a car for around 70$/day and the last week i rented a car for around 50$/day. I didn't rent a car over week-end.

But what if person simply doesn't have money to rent a car? Then he can't submit the receipts and therefore can't recover his losses. That sounds unjust, and probably that's why in the case that i mentioned earlier judge stated that the quote from rental agency should be enough to calculate the loss and you don't need to provide actual receipts. I did submit rental quotes to the insurance company because i don't have receipts for week-ends

Quote Quoting pg1067
View Post
Sure. It's because the insurer did not damage your car. The other driver did. I'm not sure where you're getting from the standard policy language that it's appropriate to sue the insurer, but the most important language is the statement that the insurer "will pay for damages . . . for which any covered person becomes legally liable." The liability rests with the other driver. The insurer's duty is to it's insured, and that duty is to indemnify the insured. The insurer owes no duty to a third-party claimant such as yourself.
The other driver accepted her liability. So her insurance paid for my car repair in full. That's why i thought they would pay loss of use on her behalf too.

Quote Quoting pg1067
View Post
P.S. The $30 per day for 30 days thing has nothing to do with liability coverage. For example, in addition to carrying liability insurance, I carry rental car reimbursement coverage. That coverage pays if I need a rental car as a result of something covered by my collision or comprehensive coverage. For a situation in which a third-party needs a rental vehicle as a result of the insured's negligence, there is no limit (although the insurer certainly can object that the third-party's costs were not reasonable).
Correct. But from what you told me earlier the reasonable value is defined by adjuster. Which i'm trying to challenge and looking for the case or wording in the legislation that defines "reasonable" more accurately. Again, if you've been driving Mercedes for years then you probably don't want to switch to Economy car bacause of someone's negligence?