Exclamation Can a Chid Get Emancipated if Not Getting Along With the Custodial Parent

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Indiana

My parents got divorced 2 years ago and I live with my Mom full time. Living with her is really difficult for me for many reasons. My mom is always getting on to me for the littlest things and making me feel really bad for them. She shows signs of being bi polar a lot and my Dad said that she does have that disorder. My Mom has hit me several times and she is constantly not letting me do anything. She doesn't let me get a job, get my permit or anything like that. I've never had any problems for her to be so protective and agressive towards me. Would I be a canidate for emancipation?

Default Re: Emancipation

No likely.

Have spoken with your father?

He said I could come live with him would that be an option?

If my father doesn't live in the state of Indiana could I still live with him?

Your father would either need to get your mother to agree to that or go back to court and request custody.

Quote Quoting brittany270
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Indiana

My parents got divorced 2 years ago and I live with my Mom full time. Living with her is really difficult for me for many reasons. My mom is always getting on to me for the littlest things and making me feel really bad for them. She shows signs of being bi polar a lot and my Dad said that she does have that disorder. My Mom has hit me several times and she is constantly not letting me do anything. She doesn't let me get a job, get my permit or anything like that. I've never had any problems for her to be so protective and agressive towards me. Would I be a canidate for emancipation?
    If you don't even have a job, how are you going to take care of yourself? No you won't get emancipated.

If you're being abused, tell your dad or tell a teacher, counselor or call the police.

Your dad saying she's bi polar doesn't mean she is.

Being protective is what parents do - but not sure how she's protective and aggressive at the same time. Seems contradictory.

1. Sponsored Links