Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Solicitation of Prostitution - the Robert Kraft Situation

Quote Quoting Vermont3
    View Post
    So the goals of the police department trump the lives of these sex slaves. They have reasonable suspicion that sex slaves are being housed there - such that they can get a court order to install cameras - but they'll let the sex slaves continue to be enslaved. Is there not an ethical dilemma here?
    Let's go back to a statement you made in your original post: "I don't know the precise details." Neither do I. Nor am I privy to the though process of the law enforcement agency(ies) involved in this matter. Second-guessing based on ignorance is not productive.

Quote Quoting Guybrush
    View Post
    Unfortunately for Kraft, he will have to prove "unreasonable doubt" and prove his innocence. Granted, this is not how the justice system is designed, but what it has been morphed to. Pretty much like a speeding ticket. You get a ticket, you have to prove your innocence instead of the police proving your guilt.
    Doesn't that put the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" to shame?

In Kraft's case - he's guilty. Let's face it, none of us will believe it was by accident or he didn't consent in some way. The sorry part is, with his money - why did he get caught? There are plenty of ways to put buffers up to assure this? Unbelievable that he didn't take precautions.
    What buffers do you have in mind? How could he have known about the cameras? Even if he was more discreet about handing them the money (e.g. paying the house fee on a separate visit, and leaving the tip in a jar in the restroom before heading out), couldn't they still nab him for solicitation of prostitution?

Another question I have is how do the names of the alleged solicitors get into the hands of the press? Does the police give these names out? These people haven't been found guilty of anything. But having their names associated with a prostitution sting could cost some of them far more than the monetary penalty of a misdemeanor (e.g. loss of job, spouse leaves them, etc.).

Quote Quoting Vermont3
    View Post

Another question I have is how do the names of the alleged solicitors get into the hands of the press? Does the police give these names out? These people haven't been found guilty of anything. But having their names associated with a prostitution sting could cost some of them far more than the monetary penalty of a misdemeanor (e.g. loss of job, spouse leaves them, etc.).
    Arrest records are public. I can't imagine how anyone doesn't know that. Have you never read a newspaper?

Quote Quoting Vermont3
    View Post
    What buffers do you have in mind?
    Probably the fact that as rich as he is, he could have paid more money to get the services of a more discreet service provider or gotten in-house service where he controls the environment. But as also alluded to earlier, sometimes the rich and powerful like to "slum" it.

If I was rich, I'd have some 'regulars' at an ultra-discreet "agency".

Kraft is living proof that the little head knows no social standing, or exercises common sense.

Some may like it, but I had to park outside of Asian Flower Garden once at a strip mall. I was there for the hobby shop 3 doors down. Really felt a whole lot better after disinfecting my car from any possible ickiness it was near.

There ain't enough Lysol IMHO. Especially when it comes to that sort of massage. The former happy ending is now hand therapy btw.

My barber is also a very hot LEGAL masseuse. That's how I know. (giggles)

Smart, rich folks are pretty stupid at times.
    Growing old, mandatory. Growing up, optional!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2