Angry Can You Stop a Business from Sending Advertisements to Your House

My question involves civil rights in the State of: CA

There's a local real estate agent that advertises his services to my neighborhood. He often splurges out on larger cardboard ads that get tossed on my front lawn and it gets really annoying to clean up. I've called him personally and politely asked him to remove me from his distribution list, and he said no problem, text me your info and I'll forward to my marketing team. He never did, and this annoyance continues since then. I do get tons of other ads, but his are particularly annoying as it's larger in size and tossed in front of my front door. I asked him again to stop via text, but he never responded. Anything I can do to put an end to this nuisance?

Default Re: Possible to Stop Guy from Sending Advertisements to My House

check to see if your neighborhood/HOA or locality have solicitation rules....
    See if this agent has a facebook page and put your concern there....or give a google/yelp review (but be careful about how and what you say...facts only)

Problem is he is probably paying someone minimum wage (or less) to do distribution and they are probably just blanketing until they run out...

Quote Quoting aj_waterman
    View Post
    it gets really annoying to clean up. I do get tons of other ads, but his are particularly annoying as it's larger in size and tossed in front of my front door.
    Exaggerate much?

View Post
    Anything I can do to put an end to this nuisance?
    Sure. Take him to court and get an injunction against him.

@adjusterjack What are you basing your assumption on? Exaggerating what? If it's a nuisance to the O.P., what benefit does it serve you to question that? On a helpful, educational law forum like this one, your snark adds no value. Thank you for the injunction tip, though.

Thanks @hr for me, I will check CC&Rs. Chances are there's something there.

View Post
    @adjusterjack What are you basing your assumption on? Exaggerating what? If it's a nuisance to the O.P., what benefit does it serve you to question that? On a helpful, educational law forum like this one, your snark adds no value. Thank you for the injunction tip, though.

Thanks @hr for me, I will check CC&Rs. Chances are there's something there.
    Unfortunately even if in the CC&Rs, it can be hard for an HOA to enforce.....sometimes they will put up 'no solicitation' signs at the entrances, etc. But I do find these types of advertisers ignore them. And there not be a big stick the HOA can wave....Good luck!

1. Sponsored Links