Default How to Petition for a Delayed Birth Certificate for Deceased Grandparent or Ancestor

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Texas

Humblest of apologies if I've posted in the incorrect thread.

I'm looking to establish my lineage for dual citizenship purposes. Both my grandmother and her father were born in Houston. Thus far I've dealt with the city of Houston as well as the state via Austin in regards to the department of health services. In both cases there were no records and I can't say I got much further as I'm not sure how to proceed. The surname for both persons in question is Italian and was misspelled. It should be Ciulla when it says Cuilla on the death certificates of my grandmother, her father and her grandfather. The first name of the great-grandfather's father was americanized from Antonino to Tony. I have documentation for all of the above and currently gathering more but would like to know how I should proceed. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Petition for Delayed Birth Certificate Grandmother and Great-Grandfather (Decease

Which citizenship are you trying to establish?

Default Re: Petition for Delayed Birth Certificate Grandmother and Great-Grandfather (Decease

Currently issued new format TX birth certificates are unlikely to have the information needed. Old format, original birth certificates include far more "historical" information about the parents. Current formats are very basic.

Have you tried to access death records? Have you looked at census records? These are available online. You may find clues of additional records repositories such as county court houses, church locations, ...

Whether these records would be sufficient to acquire citizenship is another issue. They should satisfy your curiosity about your heritage.

Quote Quoting jacob45
    View Post
    Both my grandmother and her father were born in Houston.
    It goes without saying that you have no personal knowledge of this. Why do you believe it to be true. Is either of them still living (sounds like your grandmother isn't)?

Quote Quoting jacob45
    View Post
    Thus far I've dealt with the city of Houston as well as the state via Austin in regards to the department of health services. In both cases there were no records and I can't say I got much further as I'm not sure how to proceed.
    No records of what? How to proceed with what?

Quote Quoting jacob45
    View Post
    would like to know how I should proceed.
    Needless to say, no one here has the slightest idea how you can prove your "lineage" for the purpose of establishing citizenship in some unidentified country. Even if you were to identify the country, it's not likely anyone here will know anything beyond what you can ascertain by googling.

My apologies as I didn't realize how cryptic my original entry appears. The country I'm looking to get citizenship is Italy. I have personal knowledge of the birth place of both my grandmother and her father as my grandmother was alive until my early 20s. As for records I have both their death certificates, census reports and other information. Also, their birth certificates were unavailable at the local level in Houston as well as the state level in Austin. In regard to birth certificates for both of them it is to prove the bloodline wasn't broken. I've only learned of the "one in the same" petition for the courts in regard to the surname being misspelled and the first name of Antonino being americanized to Tony. I'm in the dark with trying to petition the court so that the Texas Department of Health has to create

Quote Quoting jacob45
    View Post
    I have personal knowledge of the birth place of both my grandmother and her father as my grandmother was alive until my early 20s.
    You cannot have personal knowledge regarding the events of your parents' or grandparents' birth because you weren't alive when they were born. That they may have told you about those events doesn't give you personal knowledge.

In any event, you'll have to inquire of the Italian embassy about what is needed to establish Italian citizenship.

1. Sponsored Links