Default Problems With a Car From a Buy Here Pay Here Lot

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Florida. One week ago I put a down payment down on a used 2007 car. I brought from a BHPH dealer. The people told me the car was in great shape and nothing was wrong with it. We signed the contract and left. 2 days later the transmission gave me a problem but no warning lights or check engine lights ever came on. We took it to a mechanic who plugged it to a machine only to discover a lot of code. Turns out there was a code for the transmission, cylinder code, air bags and tires. Which no engine light showed up because the check engine lights were disabled or not working. My question is. Is it legal for a buy here pay here dealership to sale a car with disabled warning lights? Shouldn’t every car sold be inspected for safety before being sold? I have not yet paid the car off the dealership still has the tittle and my plates and registration are only good for a month.

Default Re: Buy Here Pay Here

Quote Quoting Godofredo
    View Post
    Is it legal for a buy here pay here dealership to sale a car with disabled warning lights?
    There's no law against it. Florida doesn't require safety or emissions testing. If you could prove that the dealer either knew they were disabled or disabled them himself you might have a fraud case. But the truth of the matter is that you can't prove it. Those BHPH dealers are the worst of the lot but they likely put those cars out for sale as soon as they get them in.

Quote Quoting Godofredo
    View Post
    The people told me the car was in great shape and nothing was wrong with it.
    And you were naďve enough to believe it. Sorry about that.

Quote Quoting Godofredo
    View Post
    Shouldn’t every car sold be inspected for safety before being sold?
    You'll have to talk to your legislators about that.

1. Sponsored Links