Default Estate Owns Mobile Home Located on Another's Private Property

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Georgia
    I am the personal representative of deceased parent whose estate includes a mobile home located on another relative's land. The mobile home is occupied by a (third party) renter who has rented the home for at least the last 15 years. Both parties inherited the properties after said tenant was already there. The mobile home is over 30 years old and deemed unfit to be safely moved. A verbal agreement has been in place between both parties for the past 12 years wherefore the landowner agreed to allow the mobile home owner to keep all rental income in exchange for similar considerations regarding another property which is jointly owned. I was notified verbally by landowner that the mobile home must be moved immediately as they wish to sell the land to another party. I see my options as follows: 1) ignore notification 2) buy land from landowner 3) evict tenant and remove mobile home as requested. Options 1 & 2 are not viable and option 3 seems unfair to both the estate and the 3rd party long time tenant. Please advise, are there other viable options? Thank you.

Default Re: Estate Owns Mobile Home Located on Another's Private Property

The mobile homes only value is whatever the tenet is paying monthly. Other than that it is a liability that will cost the estate in a couple of ways, defending the eviction suit that will likely come from the land owner and the cost of clearing it from the land. Fairness to the tenent isn't really your responsibility, protecting the assests of the estate is.

Fair doesn’t factor into the situation.

If you cannot move the home and the landlowner doesn’t want it left on his property you have little option but to raze it and remove the detritus.

If you do not you could be liable for the cleanup costs

Not to mention if it is not in good enough shape to be moved, I wonder about the safety of it to live in. This itself may lead to a risk against the estate.

1. Sponsored Links