Hybrid View

Default How Make Sure a Tenant is Legally Out of a Unit

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Colorado

My request on form 107 has been granted, sufficient time has passed and a writ may issue. The tenant has been incomunicado. I want to make sure I have legal possession as soon as possible so that I can move forward. Thank you.

Default Re: How Make Sure Tenant is Out (Legally)

Quote Quoting camel1971
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Colorado

My request on form 107 has been granted, sufficient time has passed and a writ may issue. The tenant has been incomunicado. I want to make sure I have legal possession as soon as possible so that I can move forward. Thank you.
    Have you physically checked to see whether or not the tenant is still there?

Default Re: How Make Sure Tenant is Out (Legally)

It looks a bit "vacant," but there has been no contact or attempt to hand over the keys.

Default Re: How Make Sure a Tenant is Legally Out of a Unit

If I am reading this correctly, you served your tenant with a notice to quit, you believe the tenant has vacated, and you want to now recover the premises without going to court.

What do you mean by "The tenant has been incomunicado"? Do you mean that you have attempted to contact the tenant by all available means -- in person, by phone, by email (if available), etc. -- without reply? What does "looks a bit vacant" mean?

You have the right to inspect the rental property at reasonable times and with reasonable notice to the tenant to make necessary repairs or reasonable inspections. Consider giving your tenant 24 hours notice of an inspection, posted on their door if that's the only means of communication, and see if they object.

1. Sponsored Links