Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Should You Disclose Your Insurance Policy Limits to the Plaintiff's Lawyer

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    I thought in CA if you did not have insurance then you could not sue for pain and suffering?
    Not quite. An uninsured driver cannot recover "pain and suffering" damages, but anyone can sue anyone for anything. Unless the plaintiff pleads in his/her complaint that he/she is uninsured, then the claim for "pain and suffering" is only susceptible of challenge by way of a motion for summary judgment or at trial. In the OP's case, if the uninsured driver's economic damages exceed the OP's policy limits and he/she is willing to settle for policy limits, then the inability to recover "pain and suffering" is immaterial.

The Landmark Building 27 Warren Street Suite 201 Hackensack, NJ 07601

Default Re: Should You Disclose Your Insurance Policy Limits to the Plaintiff's Lawyer

I had an accident before a week but my insurance company didn't give me claim of my insurance. Now what can I do?
    Please suggest me.

Quote Quoting ferrolabella
    View Post
    I had an accident before a week but my insurance company didn't give me claim of my insurance. Now what can I do?
    Please suggest me.
    Please start your own thread to ask your question. And when you do we are going to need more information to answer it.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2