Default Payment of Maintenance by Heirs Who Share a Home

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of:
    My father has passed away and we are 3 females in the house. We are staying in ground floor. There is septic tank behind my toilet. which is covered from all the side. The only way to go there is from terrece . There is rod stairs which goes down there.
    Before, this was not the issue. But after my dad died they are saying we can make anyone cleaning it. Anyone can go and die. Previously i paid from my pocket but every time i cant do that. They dont even accept, if i cut the amount and pay the rest maintainence.
    i called septic tank cleaner they cleaned it. But one of the socity member started fighting.
    Again i m facing same issue. my toilet smelling worst and whenever water goes it started sound of not going water properly.
    please help me what can i do.... PLEASE.

Default Re: Society Issue

Where are you located?

Use of the word "society" to apply to home ownership or occupancy suggests the UK.

This site is devoted to US law so we really can't help you if you are in the UK.

Default Re: Payment of Maintenance by Heirs Who Share a Home

If you are in the U.S., and the matter is still in probate court, the executor of the estate is responsible to ensure that the property is maintained until probate proceedings conclude.

If you are in the U.S. and probate is resolved, such that this is now a co-ownership issue, not an estate issue, then you and your co-owners should attempt to negotiate an agreement for the division of and payment of household maintenance expenses. If you cannot agree, while you can take the matter to court, you are likely to increase animosity while incurring cost, and even with a judgment in hand you still need to enforce it. If you want to try to force the sale of the property you can sue for partition and sale, but that can be a costly process and you need to be prepared for the possibility (or, depending upon the facts, probability or inevitability) that you will have to move at the conclusion of that process.

If you are not in the U.S., consult a lawyer in your nation with the full details of your situation.

Default Re: Payment of Maintenance by Heirs Who Share a Home

Quote Quoting ksks2277
    View Post
    My father has passed away and we are 3 females in the house.
    Do either of the other two of you have any relationship to your father?

Quote Quoting ksks2277
    View Post
    But after my dad died they are saying we can make anyone cleaning it.
    Who are "they"? What does "we can make anyone cleaning it" mean?

Quote Quoting ksks2277
    View Post
    Anyone can go and die.
    Ummm...sure....

Quote Quoting ksks2277
    View Post
    one of the socity member started fighting.
    Huh?

Quote Quoting ksks2277
    View Post
    please help me what can i do
    We have no idea what your abilities are, and your post doesn't appear to raise a legal issue. Could you clarify what legal issue you think exists? In particular, what is the status of the probate of your father's estate? You should also identify your state.

1. Sponsored Links