Default How to Return a Car After Financing Fails, Spot Delivery

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Colorado
    Purchased car 12/15/18 @ dealership. I called dealership over 5 times as 1/25/19 my trade in had still not been paid. 1/31/19 I contact credit union who supposedly financed us as dealership finance will not return calls. 2/7/19 the dealer re-pulls my credit 53 days later. I call and they say the finance didn't work out. I want to return the car. It's been in the shop four times in 53 days. They say they will not give me my trade in back cause the loan was paid off and they won't take this car back. What are my options?

Default Re: Hot to Return a Car After Financing Fails, Spot Delivery

What does your contract say about your right to return the vehicle in the event that financing does not go through? Your contract must include a cancellation provision that applies if financing does not go through. When did you apply for the loan and how many days later were you informed that the financing did not go through? If it was more than ten days, your dealership may be stuck financing the vehicle.

You say "they won't take this car back". If you applied for a car loan and still owe a balance, it seems unlikely that they are telling you to keep the car and forget the balance? So exactly what are they telling you?

Default Re: How to Return a Car After Financing Fails, Spot Delivery

I did speak with an attorney and proceeding that way.

1. Sponsored Links