Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: The Sheriff Department Won't Enforce Ro

Yep! It's terrible isn't it. When I was attacked the Deputies would remind me that they said I should stay off the WEST SIDE of my property to avoid future physical attacks from the neighbor. WHAT??? EXCUSE ME??? My Alpacas use that area, I feed birds out there, and it has been a "Wildlife Sanctuary" area for 16 years. It's beautiful and looks like a park. The neighbor has a rat-infested mess that smells so bad of skunk (real skunk plus Marijuana) that it makes eyes water.

Hopefully this will open. A few years ago a local woman was raped due to lack of Sheriff response. They told her something similar to what they tell me. Thanks for your help; it's therapeutic for me to talk about this and I truly appreciate it.

Quote Quoting Driven Insane
    View Post
    JK stated:
    There are no lawyers in my county that will go against the Sheriff Department. The lawyers that I like in CA are not licensed in OR. I would rather hire one lawyer than two. Some of my work will be Civil, and some will be Criminal, and some will be against the County. It's very easy for everyone to say: "Get a lawyer." The lawyers in this area aren't organized and pretty darn useless. I was hoping someone could recommend someone, but that has been impossible.

Such is life.
    Then do not get an attorney to try and sue the Sheriff's Department. There are likely many excuses they can hide behind for not enforcing the R/O by way of an arrest, and the bottom line is that there is no "duty to protect" under the law. If you seek an attorney, it should be to sue the neighbor for any actual damages you have incurred.

As for issues of a property dispute, that IS a civil matter. The Sheriff can't be expected to sort out what is yours and what is the other person's, and absent a court order specifying it, they are not likely to take any action. And if the neighbor is putting a camera in what he claims is HIS tree, then that puts the Sheriff's Department in a bit of a quandary. There's also the issue of PROVING that the cameras were placed by the neighbor and he trespassed to do it. If he admits that the cameras on your property are his, that's one thing. But, if he denies it - or claims the property is his - then that is another.

From the sounds of everything, it sounds as if an attorney is what you need in order to obtain legal advice on how best to proceed. Clearly, doing what you have been doing is not working so well so you should probably retain legal counsel to assist you.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Well that didn't work. I have used this type of posting format in the past, but can't upload pictures here for some reason. Tried the old "desktop link" and that didn't do the trick. Copy and Paste don't work either. LOL. For good reason probably!

Quote Quoting Driven Insane
    View Post
    Well that didn't work. I have used this type of posting format in the past, but can't upload pictures here for some reason. Tried the old "desktop link" and that didn't do the trick. Copy and Paste don't work either. LOL. For good reason probably!
    The only way to post images is provide a link to an image hosting site where you have uploaded the images such as Dropbox

He admitted to putting the camera there, and I explained that in the first post I think. The Deputy said he told him to put it there against the judges order. I wish I could upload a picture of the camera and tree; it's on my property, and I already proved that to the Sheriff. No longer in question.

Yes, I realize it's a Civil matter and will proceed accordingly against the neighbor. He felled and sold a four foot diameter Douglas Tree of mine last year, stole about three yards of mulch and did thousands in damage to landscape projects.

Up until now I didn't need legal counsel because I wasn't ready to sue. I will forget the County and wait for someone else to break that barrier. I am just too busy. As for the physical attacks, I'm not concerned about that now either. It's all documented and the main reason I got the RO. I'm overly organized and have neatly organized binders on differing issues. That's most of the battle.

I have to go to court on 02-19-2019 since the neighbor wants his gun rights back, and also want s to place cameras on my property again. I have nothing to do with the loss of his gun rights and am prepared with all "Camera" info. This is a RECTANGULAR shaped 5.5 acres with well defined property stakes. Only idiots such as the Deputies couldn't tell where the boundaries are. They are game players and do a very poor job at it. If they pretended to see the property line, they would have had to arrest the neighbor.

I lived here when all fencing was installed. I know where the lines are.

Illegal arrest of my husband on my property, and Ray's Market gave us the chicken. Tainted warrant and DA didn't drop the case. He was fired, and new DA dropped it after one year. Leno, Letterman and everyone else covered this one:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1131649/posts

https://www.wnd.com/2004/03/23968/

http://www.usobserver.com/archive/ju...ff-062305.html

https://www.newswithviews.com/joseph...ne_county4.htm

Submitted to help explain where I live. They took my husband, a Vietnam Vet in naked and kept him naked in the patrol car for two hours in 30 degree temps. He is Greek but they figured he was a Mexican and brought in someone to read him his rights in Spanish. They broke down my front gate, five squad cars and seven deputies that still work at the Sheriff's office.

Enjoy the articles.

Allow me to join the chorus:

Get an attorney and speak only to that attorney. No one here can help you and no one needs to hear anymore of your story.

Also, you are cautioned when signing up and when posting against posting information that could identify you. Good job.

I just noticed other comments. Yes, terrible area that I would have never moved to if I had checked the statistics closely. You asked how the income can be so low (very depressed area) and people can still afford homes.

ANSWER: They can't. It's the Californian's such as me that own the houses, many in the million dollar range, and we are hated. We mistakenly move up here to retire not realizing that Josephine County is over 70% GOP, Radical Right Religious Republican Rabid Trump Supporters packing heat everywhere. If not that, they are drug addicted GROWERS, or Felons that have moved here because of Catch and Release, and no policing systems.

This is a Retirement Area. Beautiful with the Rogue River, and ugly with toothless tweaker's and heroin addicts that are native to the region.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Allow me to join the chorus:
    Get an attorney and speak only to that attorney. No one here can help you and no one needs to hear anymore of your story.
    Also, you are cautioned when signing up and when posting against posting information that could identify you. Good job.
    LOL. I think someone needs a nap! There are people that enjoy learning about areas in the US that they weren't familiar with. I know I do!

I didn't see anything about "No identification" so I apologize about that. But knowing I am a new member, there is a polite way to state things, and there is a rude and sarcastic way to do it. I am suggesting that in the future you try to use kindness instead of meanness when corresponding. It will get you a lot farther. And just skip over this thread if it annoys you so much, and always speak for yourself only. That's common courtesy.

Thanks.

It is suggested a person remain anonymous. Many posters could put themselves in danger or compromise their issue by allowing smebody to read what they’ve written here.

Anyway, the story about the chicken is simply rediculous. Even putting the cops in the best light possible and demonizing your husband it is crazy. You have my sympathy.

My aunt had a very similar situation in Washington State. She's a widow, and the new neighbor started trying to claim part of her property, damaged landscaping, started to build an unauthorized dirt road through her property, etc. Unstable man, very abusive, RO was filed. She ended up suing...

Years later, she spent a small fortune, and still had to live next to the tyrant. Court solved the immediate fight, but not the root cause. You can't fix crazy.

My aunt finally found peace - by moving away.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2