Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default USPS is Not Providing Regular Mail Delivery

My mail service has become extremely unreliable lately. Over the past month, I've only gotten mail delivered to me on 3 occasions:

1. I got a small package with blank checks ordered by someone else, but misdelivered to me.
    2. I got an advertising circular that normally gets delivered every Saturday, and is the first one I got after 3 weeks. This delivery was after I reported the issue.
    3. I finally got something today. A single envelope.

There's more. On the occasion of #2, it happened the day I called the postal carrier annex to find out why I almost never get mail, and to report that after occasion #1, I put the package in my box as outgoing mail with a note on it saying that it was misdelivered--and it was still sitting there after a whole week without being picked up.

My neighbors are still getting their mail regularly. Advertising circulars arrive for them on schedule. I'm not sure why I'm not getting them, and I have to wonder what important mail I'm not getting. After 2 weeks of getting nothing, and then only 1 item that was actually a misdelivery and then putting out as outgoing mail and the mailman not picking it up, I called the postal annex to ask what was going on. They said there were no holds or forwards on my address. With that being the case and the mail carrier not picking up my outgoing mail, the problem would seem to be with the mail carrier himself. The question is, what can I do about it?

BTW, I don't bring up advertising circulars because I think they're important. I mention them because they come on routinely scheduled days. If I don't even get those, then it indicates that mail with my address on it isn't being delivered, no matter what it is. The past month of experience of only getting 2 things addressed to me seems to point to this.

Default Re: Problem with Postal Service (Usps)

Quote Quoting Novicelegal
    View Post
    The question is, what can I do about it?
    You contact your postmaster for your area and ask.

1. Speak with the postmaster of your your local office

2. Get an app on your phone. I think its called

informed delivery

it’s put out by the usps. It will show you an image of all the mail you are getting each day. If you don’t get what is shown, you report that.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    1. Speak with the postmaster of your your local office

2. Get an app on your phone. I think its called

informed delivery

it’s put out by the usps. It will show you an image of all the mail you are getting each day. If you don’t get what is shown, you report that.
    This is a good idea but I don't think bulk mail (the ad circulars) get scanned.

Oh, sweet! I didn't know about this. It sure looks like this would be exactly what I'd need. I'm surprised they would go through the trouble of scanning every piece of mail they get though. Seems like that would slow things WAY down. I'm signing up for it right now. I hope I don't run into any problems.
    Thank you!

EDIT: I got signed up, and it shows that I have no mail today, or in the past, and nothing expected for the week ahead. It doesn't even show the 1 item I got today. Hmmmm.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    This is a good idea but I don't think bulk mail (the ad circulars) get scanned.
    I wouldn't miss those if they never came again.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    I wouldn't miss those if they never came again.
    I like getting them, especially when they include coupons I can use. My Dad got one of those coupon envelopes a couple days ago and asked me if I also got it. Of course, I didn't. It had some good coupons too.

Every piece of mail is not scanned. But the important mail is. It is not the post office's job to pick mail up. They do it as a courtesy. Their job is to deliver the mail

Has anyone moved out of your house recently ? If someone did they might have check the wrong box about who's mail to forward. If they check entire household. Mail for everyone that lives there will go to the new address.

Quote Quoting Novicelegal
    View Post
    Oh, sweet! I didn't know about this. It sure looks like this would be exactly what I'd need. I'm surprised they would go through the trouble of scanning every piece of mail they get though. Seems like that would slow things WAY down. I'm signing up for it right now. I hope I don't run into any problems.
    Thank you!

EDIT: I got signed up, and it shows that I have no mail today, or in the past, and nothing expected for the week ahead. It doesn't even show the 1 item I got today. Hmmmm.
    It won’t show you mail for future. How can it? It does say if have packages expected though

Informed Delivery is already being used by identity thieves. They target someone by signing up for Informed Delivery using the targets personal info but they use their own email address. They take credit cards and checks and other mail and use the information to open accounts.

Google Informed Delivery scams. You may be surprised.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast