Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Problem with Postal Service (Usps)

Quote Quoting Novicelegal
    View Post
    I've actually gotten a few items. I got one on Friday, and 2 more on Saturday, which is the most I've gotten in a month. Seems that my call the Postal Carrier Annex may have helped. But now that I'm signed up for Informed Delivery, they're still not scanning and showing me any of my mail, not even for Friday and Saturday. It seems that they just don't have their act together on anything. This is what they're showing me for deliveries for the past week:

Today(0) Yesterday(0) Saturday(0) Friday(0) Thursday(0) Wednesday(0) Tuesday(0)

I wrote an email to the USPS about this and this was their response, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me:

"Informed Delivery provides notifications for mailpieces arriving soon—not necessarily arriving that day. There may be occasions when a mailpiece was scanned by automated equipment, but the mailpiece itself was not relayed to your mail carrier before he or she left for their delivery route that day. Depending on the class of mail, the delivery standard can be different. In addition, certain mail such as Certified Mail® delivery or mail requiring a signature may not be received if a corresponding action such as providing a signature was not completed."

How can a notification be for something arriving "soon" if they haven't actually gotten it at the post office yet? I'm not even being notified about items I've gotten 3 days ago.
    That was clearly an auto reply. CALL YOUR LOCAL POSTMASTER.

Because they don't just scan the stuff at your local post office.

View Post

How can a notification be for something arriving "soon" if they haven't actually gotten it at the post office yet? I'm not even being notified about items I've gotten 3 days ago.
    I signed up for informed delivery last summer. While I started getting e-mails about delivery right away, it took a week or two for the e-mails to accurately show what I was getting. I think there is a delay in the full implementation of the scanning after you sign up.

View Post

"Informed Delivery provides notifications for mailpieces arriving soon—not necessarily arriving that day. There may be occasions when a mailpiece was scanned by automated equipment, but the mailpiece itself was not relayed to your mail carrier before he or she left for their delivery route that day. Depending on the class of mail, the delivery standard can be different. In addition, certain mail such as Certified Mail® delivery or mail requiring a signature may not be received if a corresponding action such as providing a signature was not completed."

How can a notification be for something arriving "soon" if they haven't actually gotten it at the post office yet?
    I'm not even being notified about items I've gotten 3 days ago.
    You answered your own question. See the the above-bolded in their autoreply.

I realized what a big security hole informed delivery was when I signed up for it and started getting images of the mail for the house I sold five years ago. Apparently, it's only bound to the original address on the account (I had to create a new account at the new address).

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    That was clearly an auto reply. CALL YOUR LOCAL POSTMASTER.

Because they don't just scan the stuff at your local post office.
    I think you're right. I got it surprisingly fast after I sent my email to them.

Quote Quoting Shadowbunny
    View Post
    You answered your own question. See the the above-bolded in their autoreply.
    I see that part being the case if an item was scanned but not delivered yet, but the case here is the other way around. Items had been delivered, but not scanned. The whole point of signing up for this service was because I originally was getting no mail at all for a whole month. I wanted to see if there was mail meant for my address that was being withheld or discarded by the mail carrier. But now, even mail that is actually being delivered isn't showing up on Informed Delivery.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I realized what a big security hole informed delivery was when I signed up for it and started getting images of the mail for the house I sold five years ago. Apparently, it's only bound to the original address on the account (I had to create a new account at the new address).

I may be moving soon myself this Summer. I assume, although I haven't looked into it yet, there must be some way of opting back out of that service. This would then free up the next resident of my address to use the service.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3