Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Problem with Postal Service (Usps)

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Informed Delivery is already being used by identity thieves. They target someone by signing up for Informed Delivery using the targets personal info but they use their own email address. They take credit cards and checks and other mail and use the information to open accounts.

Google Informed Delivery scams. You may be surprised.
    unless the post office will send notices to multiple email addresses, it would be wise for a person to sign up themselves which would forstall others from reviewing their mail.

Even if they send to multiple email addresses it would allow the true recipient to see mail they were supposed to receive and didn’t. This would result in a Usps investigation.

If I recall, signing up wasn’t as easy giving them my email address. There were security questions involved that a random person would not be likely to have the answers to. If you bombed on the security questions, you have to go to the post office to complete the enrollment.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    This is a good idea but I don't think bulk mail (the ad circulars) get scanned.
    If I recall correctly, they don’t get scanned but you get notice of the item with the statement there is one more piece of mail (or however many it is) and they don’t have an image of it.

Informed Delivery is not available in all areas. I lived 2 miles away and could not get it, but at my new home I do. I was in a different township previously.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    It won’t show you mail for future. How can it? It does say if have packages expected though
    You're right. I guess the 7 days it's showing is for the past 7 days. It's showing all zeros on each day, even though I got something important (my state tax return check) yesterday. This system is obviously not very accurate.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Has anyone moved out of your house recently ? If someone did they might have check the wrong box about who's mail to forward. If they check entire household. Mail for everyone that lives there will go to the new address.
    Nope! I'm the only person to live there in the past 20 years.

Quote Quoting Novicelegal
    View Post
    You're right. I guess the 7 days it's showing is for the past 7 days. It's showing all zeros on each day, even though I got something important (my state tax return check) yesterday. This system is obviously not very accurate.

Nope! I'm the only person to live there in the past 20 years.
    I’ve found it to be quite accurate in my use. If there is a discrepancy you need to address it with the local postmaster. Recieving mail when none is listed suggests the possibility of the carrier delaying the delivery.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I’ve found it to be quite accurate in my use. If there is a discrepancy you need to address it with the local postmaster. Recieving mail when none is listed suggests the possibility of the carrier delaying the delivery.
    I guess I'll have to call the Postmaster. I've already contacted the Postal Carrier Annex, which is a separate facility here where the mail is processed and given to the carriers. When I've called the post office in the past about this, they've always told me I have to call the Annex.

One thing I'd like to know is who the ultimate legal authority is when it comes to problems with the mail. I know it's a federal crime to steal a person's mail. I suppose other crimes could be added to that depending on what is done with the mail that is stolen, such as cashing a person's check. Who should I go to if dealing with the Postmaster doesn't get me anywhere? Should I contact the local police, or a federal agency like the FBI?

View Post
    Who should I go to if dealing with the Postmaster doesn't get me anywhere? Should I contact the local police, or a federal agency like the FBI?
    The Postal Service is a federal agency and like many federal agencies it has its own law enforcement division to investigate and make arrests for crimes that fall within that agency's jurisdiction. That division is know as the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. You'd make your complaint to that division.

It is odd because if it was your carrier I would expect that others on his/her route would also have some mail going missing. In the few instances I've known of carrier theft the carrier didn't target just one customer.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    The Postal Service is a federal agency and like many federal agencies it has its own law enforcement division to investigate and make arrests for crimes that fall within that agency's jurisdiction. That division is know as the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. You'd make your complaint to that division.

It is odd because if it was your carrier I would expect that others on his/her route would also have some mail going missing. In the few instances I've known of carrier theft the carrier didn't target just one customer.
    Thank you for the information about the US Postal Inspection Service. I'll keep them in mind if things continue as they are.
    I agree with you that this is rather odd. The one thing that makes it sound like a problem with the carrier is that even my "junk mail" isn't even being delivered such as the sales circular that everyone gets on Saturdays. I almost never get mine anymore. The only other possible source of problems is the fact that I had a very troublesome neighbor who lived next door until recently. She enjoyed calling the police on me whenever I looked out the window or sat on my front porch. A real mental case! Fortunately, she moved out at the end of October. However, I have no idea if she decided to forget about me, or if she just couldn't stop. I'm aware that mail can be put on hold for ANYone simply by going online. No verification needed. Then again, the Postal Carrier Annex told me that my mail wasn't on hold. I don't know what other methods can be used to manipulate someone's mail easily.

You will probably get more accomplished if you go in person. It is easy to make a phone call.The time and energy it takes to go in person. Says this is serious and you demand action. Also it is easier to dodge a phone call. A customer there in person cannot be ignored or put off.

View Post
    Thank you for the information about the US Postal Inspection Service. I'll keep them in mind if things continue as they are.
    I agree with you that this is rather odd. The one thing that makes it sound like a problem with the carrier is that even my "junk mail" isn't even being delivered such as the sales circular that everyone gets on Saturdays. I almost never get mine anymore. The only other possible source of problems is the fact that I had a very troublesome neighbor who lived next door until recently. She enjoyed calling the police on me whenever I looked out the window or sat on my front porch. A real mental case! Fortunately, she moved out at the end of October. However, I have no idea if she decided to forget about me, or if she just couldn't stop. I'm aware that mail can be put on hold for ANYone simply by going online. No verification needed. Then again, the Postal Carrier Annex told me that my mail wasn't on hold. I don't know what other methods can be used to manipulate someone's mail easily.
    Why don't you send yourself a few letters and see if they get delivered?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Why don't you send yourself a few letters and see if they get delivered?
    I've actually gotten a few items. I got one on Friday, and 2 more on Saturday, which is the most I've gotten in a month. Seems that my call the Postal Carrier Annex may have helped. But now that I'm signed up for Informed Delivery, they're still not scanning and showing me any of my mail, not even for Friday and Saturday. It seems that they just don't have their act together on anything. This is what they're showing me for deliveries for the past week:

Today(0) Yesterday(0) Saturday(0) Friday(0) Thursday(0) Wednesday(0) Tuesday(0)

I wrote an email to the USPS about this and this was their response, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me:

"Informed Delivery provides notifications for mailpieces arriving soon—not necessarily arriving that day. There may be occasions when a mailpiece was scanned by automated equipment, but the mailpiece itself was not relayed to your mail carrier before he or she left for their delivery route that day. Depending on the class of mail, the delivery standard can be different. In addition, certain mail such as Certified Mail® delivery or mail requiring a signature may not be received if a corresponding action such as providing a signature was not completed."

How can a notification be for something arriving "soon" if they haven't actually gotten it at the post office yet? I'm not even being notified about items I've gotten 3 days ago.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast