Default Neuropsychologist Misdiagnosed a Psychiatric Condition

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Tn, i went to rehab to get help with PTSD, ADHD and addiction. during my time there the facility gives inaccurate information about me to a neuropsychologist whom inaccurately diagnoses me bipolar and autistic due to incomplete testing, even labels a ADHD symptom as autism in the report and inaccurately assumes that due to medications affect on my physical appearance that im on the spectrum. prior to getting help here i recieved help in 2012 where they did a full battery of test yeilding that i had mood issues due to a traumatic brain injury(even have the mri to prove this) that im not bipolar and that the extenssive test proved ADHD and disproved autism spectrum as my issue. when i was younger they assumed bipolar also which resulted in being drugged up on medication for a condition that they later ruled out and i almost lost a kidney because of it, my current doctor is innaccurately treating me because of the wrong results that the neuropsychologist supposidely concluded which basically means that im not gonna ever really get the help i need in regards to treatment. do i have a case against the neuropsychologist at this point or facility that bascally caused the issue?

Default Re: Neuropsychologist Gets Diagnosis Wrong

The only way you'll know if you have a malpractice case against anyone is to see a malpractice lawyer in your state. You have to not only show the diagnosis and/or treatment you've had is not correct but also that the doctor was negligent in his/her treatment of you. How do you know the diagnosis is wrong? Have you seen a different psychologist who told you that? If you have, why aren't you getting treatment from that other doctor?

Default Re: Neuropsychologist Gets Diagnosis Wrong

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    The only way you'll know if you have a malpractice case against anyone is to see a malpractice lawyer in your state. You have to not only show the diagnosis and/or treatment you've had is not correct but also that the doctor was negligent in his/her treatment of you. How do you know the diagnosis is wrong? Have you seen a different psychologist who told you that? If you have, why aren't you getting treatment from that other doctor?
    the current test were incomplete, where as the prior test were comprehenssive. the damage was to my temporal lobe that basically is responssible for mood regulation and the Mri showed scarring to that area where as the guy was given wrong information and specificizes in the document that it wasnt comprenssive and bipolar was indicated by"bipolar 1 indicated by history". psychiatrist go off of whats in your file, in my opinion theres not enough shared knowledge between psychologist and psychiatrist. side note i was talking to a lady who was getting her PHD in the matter and she didnt understand the difference between empathy from a logical standpoint and emotionally felt POV and how it relates to different psychological disorders, in my opinion someone like that shouldnt be enabled to diagnosis someone if they cant distiguish the difference between things, hits home with my scenario to think about it. Their diagnosis book even warns them about that, yet they still make the mistake.

1. Sponsored Links