Hybrid View

Default Filing Notice of Renewal of Judgment

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Oklahoma

I have a judgment against an individual who owed me money and owns a residential property in state of Oklahoma. I filed the judgment with county clerk when I received the judgment. I had to renew the judgment before 5 years to keep the judgment attached to the person's property. Initially when I filed the judgment against the property I had only used their name not the legal description of the property. So the judgment order is against their name not the property. Now it is time to re-file it again before the 5 year period expires. I like to know how to word the renewal judgment form to attach the judgment against his property with legal description.

Thanks in advance

SM150

Default Re: Filing Notice of Renewal of Judgment

I suggest you rethink that idea. According to Oklahoma statute 12-706

B.2 A lien created pursuant to this section shall affect and attach to all real property, including the homestead, of judgment debtors whose names appear in the Statement of Judgment.
    (Emphasis mine.)

https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahom...ection-12-706/

Why limit yourself to just the one property?

He may try to buy other properties. As long as the lien is open ended, he will have trouble getting loans and title insurance, resulting in your lien doing him some damage until he pays you.

Default Re: Filing Notice of Renewal of Judgment

adjusterjack thank you,
    I never thought of that. Excellent advice. I follow your suggestion and file it under his name. Thanks again

SM150

1. Sponsored Links