My question involves a marriage in the state of: NY

I left my husband due to domestic violence and fled from NY to CA. Out here I have an order of protection and sole custody of our children. My lawyer says I cannot file for divorce out here even after meeting the residency requirement now due to the fact that my husband has no ties whatsoever to this state. She says he would need to agree to CA holding jurisdiction. So I reached out to him and due to him not liking the results of the custody hearing he said he wouldn't agree and that I couldn't have any of the property that I left behind when I left. What do I need to do? Do I have to retain another lawyer in NY and proceed in NY or can I in some way proceed from here? I