Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can My Court-Appointed Lawyer Be the Municipal Court Prosecutor of the City

Quote Quoting Hannibal-Bey
    View Post
    My lawyer hasn't filed no motions or subpoenas.

My question is can he represent me and he represented the same officers that charged me and they are good friends.
    If he asks you to sign a conflict of interest waiver, then it basically says that you know that he knows the plaintiff and that you throw all your rights away and if you lose the case you will have nothing to sue him for. Don't sign anything. Have them find you a new lawyer or move the case to a different district.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Default Re: Can My Court-Appointed Lawyer Be the Municipal Court Prosecutor of the City

In what way do you think he has represented the same officers? If the answer is anything other than "as the prosecutor" the answer is yes.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2